Diets. Effective?

Would anyone know any beneficial diets that can help me achieve my goal weight of 118 pounds? (Current Weight is 135) (Height is 5 foot 4 inches) I want to look my best for Halloween and especially with the Halloween costume I want to wear. Any diets that you would recommend?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Yeah it's called cico.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Eat less and move more:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Eat less food, lose fat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Have you tried using MFP to set realistic goals, logging your food, hitting your calorie goals, and incorporating a little exercise? I know it doesn't shorten down to a catchy acronym, but I hear it's pretty good.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I'm not sure that seventeen pounds in a little over two months is going to be good for you when that's all you have to lose and you're already in a healthy BMI. Set your goal to .5-1 pound a week, log everything accurately, and be patient.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Nope, no diets. Eat less than you burn, that is all.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Eat less and move more:)
    This :smile: works for me.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Have you tried using MFP to set realistic goals, logging your food, hitting your calorie goals, and incorporating a little exercise? I know it doesn't shorten down to a catchy acronym, but I hear it's pretty good.

Oh no! realistic goals ! Are you insane ! Lol this is mfp, where everyone needs to lose 15 pounds in one day ! Ya know , to wear cool costumes.....:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited August 2015
    OP I have your stats, 5'4" and 130ish. I'm just trying to get down to 120-125 to run a bulk. Set MFP to lose .5 lbs per week, log all your food, stay active. You can follow my diary if you need ideas. My daily goal is actually higher than what it reads right now though because I eat at maintenance once per week.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    A lot of people have success with the South Beach diet. Any diet will work for weight loss, if the calories are low enough, though.

I do my own diet and have never stuck to any trendy diet, though.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    If you only want to lose lbs and inches to look good at Halloween, and then want to potentially gain it back, then a diet is for you. If you want to lose weight and get healthy, and keep it off, then you don't want a diet, you want to change your lifestyle.

As was said before, eat less, move more. Burn more calories than you consume in a day. Use the tools on this site, and eat at a reasonable deficit.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Never "go on a diet".
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that seventeen pounds in a little over two months is going to be good for you when that's all you have to lose and you're already in a healthy BMI. Set your goal to .5-1 pound a week, log everything accurately, and be patient.

Add progressive resistance training now - 12 weeks will go a ways toward helping you with that costume.