lossing belly fat

Options
While I know you can't exactly target one specific area to lose when your losing weight and I also understand the eating in deficient in order to lose weight... what are some suggestions for exercises that will strengthen the stomach and help make the belly fat disappear faster

I am 5' 11"
and I currently weight 215

I am a Marine Veteran so I used to work out and know how to.. just need some support and suggestions

Thanks

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, Squats, Hanging Leg Raises.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies.. I am going to the gym for the first time in a long time tonight so I am looking for some ideas to go with cardio to help with that.. so dead-lifts, squats, hanging leg raises...
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies.. I am going to the gym for the first time in a long time tonight so I am looking for some ideas to go with cardio to help with that.. so dead-lifts, squats, hanging leg raises...

Look up some guides on YouTube... it's important that you get the form correct for each exercise.
  • Hornsby
    edited August 2015
    Options

If you are on a progressive load training program that focus on the compound lifts, you probably don't need any accessory ab work. I just throw in hanging leg raises when I am bored. Abs are made in the kitchen
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Any type of structured progressive lifting program that incorporates the big compounds (squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press) will strengthen your core and preserve muscle when in a deficit.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Look up some guides on YouTube... it's important that you get the form correct for each exercise.

This is of utmost importance ^^^
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well I know it may not make it disappear faster.. I know it will come with continued weight loss but looking for ideas on how to strengthen the muscles that will help burn it off... and yes it would certainly help my posture which I know I really need to work on.. so thanks to everyone for your replies.. I look forward to hearing more from everyone.