looking for motivation

Options
Hello. I've been on MFP for some time and have expirenced a lot of success. but then got lazy and gained most of my weight back. I've decided, after reading all of the success stories, that I can achieve my fitness goal and start and maintain a reasonable lifestyle. I just need motivation to get started. I recently swiched up my workout routine to reflect a boxing workout. I used to do a REAL boxing class a year ago (where I had two spar mates), and got in great shape. I surprised myself. but now that i work two jobs, I can no longer attend the class. To make up for that loss, I joined a non commericial gym. This is the type of gym people go to to WORK not socialize. And they have wonderful alternative workout equipement like kettlebells, tractor tires, boxing equip, etc. Since joining the gym at the start of the year, I've noticed I haven't workedout more than twice a week. My mini goal this week is to go four times. I really want to acheive this goal this week, but for some reason I'm allowing negative forces to prevent me from doing it. Any motivation or advise would be great. And you can add me too. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TexNut
    TexNut Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi! Love your previous workouts and current gym set-up! Variety is a great way to engage more muscles (thus burning more calories) and avoid plateaus. How have you done with your mini-goal so far this week? Do you ever work out at home? I enjoy working out at home (I am a nutritionist, exercise coach and wellness counselor), because it feels less like "work" than when I'm at a gym or in a group setting/leading a class...but there are distractions at home that are sometimes a con. :)
    When I struggle with boredom, motivation, stress, etc. I have to ask myself who (or what) I want to win. Will I let *fill in the blank negative force* beat me today? I think not. :) Hope that helps and best of luck to you! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank you for the motivation. since I am an early bird, and live on the top level of a three flat brownstone, I can't workout at home. I hope by switching my focus on a sport/ activity I love it will motivate me to just do it. This week, I've workedout once. I plan to workout again on Friday, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning. I've decided once I complete this goal, I will post it in the success stories.