Weight loss plateau

Options
I feel like I have hit a weight loss plateau. I was tracking my calorie intake and staying under my limit . I got frustrated and stopped tracking for a week. I know that I shouldn't have stopped tracking but I just got so irritated. I was doing so well this time I mean I was really sticking to it watching what I ate tracking it only drinking water. I am going to start back up again but before I do I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to avoid the weight loss plateaus.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you had a loss?
  • K_HL
    K_HL Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Maybe 3 weeks and last week I finally got frustrated and stopped tracking.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Logging accurately is the best way to avoid a plateau. That usually means making sure every morsel is weighed and logged. You aren't in one yet (4-6 weeks with zero movement in weight/measurements), but tightening things up will help combat it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A plateau is 6-8 weeks. Keep tracking, use a food scale and you'll start losing again, if you're truly in a deficit.
  • K_HL
    Options
    Thanks, hearing that makes me feel better. I do I track every thing I started lean cuisine one week and the I switch it up to slimfast the next week so that way I wasn't getting bored. When I go out with friends I make sure I stay in my calorie limit and it's tracked as well that's why I got so frustrated I felt like I was doing everything right. If I had to have a snack it was greek yogurt or a slimfast snack bar.
  • K_HL
    Options
    Thanks for your help
  • rebeccalean
    rebeccalean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same problem latelyand since last 2 weeks I saw no improvement whatsoever in my weight. I am now following the guidelines on how to remove plateau from this blog http://health.reviewbrief.com/weight-loss-plateau/ since 2 days and yet to see any difference.
    Anyone else has any more tips ?
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You don't need any "tips" to get out of a plateau. If you are accurately weighing all your food, staying within your daily calorie limit, the plateau *will* come to and end.