Help! Ideas for Costa coffee

Options
hi was just wondering if anyone could help me with choosing something low calorie when I'm out meeting friends in costa coffee? I know technically I can choose anything and fit it into my daily allowance but as I'm only on 1200 cals I don't want to blow my lunch and dinner on a muffin today! Thanks for any ideas

Replies

• dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a skinny cappuccino(or tea) and half their skinny berry muffin, or if i fancy something more i will skip breakfast or have it as my lunch depending on whats happening that day.
  • littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good idea of skipping breakfast think that might work for me better. I will try the skinny berry muffin I'm sure it will be yummy
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I always get a cup of tea, with skimmed milk. If you're set on coffee, either a flat white or Americano (both with skimmed milk) come out best in terms of calories - you can get an iced Americano if you want an iced coffee. As for food, yeah, it's all fairly high cal stuff, even when they call it a 'skinny' muffin! I rarely eat in coffee shops these days, but the biscuits (biscotti, ginger biscuits etc) are usually what I have. It's a nice nibble, rather than a meal, and you don't feel like you're depriving yourself too much! Their website gives the nutritional values of everything, so it's probably best to skip breakfast, count up what the things you have are, and enjoy!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about food, I always get the ham and cheese sandwich at 308 calories, which seems like a pretty good lunch to me. There are also options for around 400 calories.

They do coolers that are 100-200 calories, but I don't think any of them are that great and on the few occasions I have had them I've kinda just thought it was a waste of calories, but that's all subjective. I usually just go for water. I don't know about the coffee. Coffee is weird and scary to me.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I usually go for a skinny latte (or iced skinny latte if it's a hot day). The protein content will make it more satisfying. There are sugar free syrups if you like sweet coffee. If you want something to nibble without too many calories they sometimes have bags of flavoured popcorn.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A full fat large latte comes in at around 250 calories - and it's worth every one of them to me. I'd have that and skip the food. But then I love my coffee :)
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a medium skinny sugar free caramel latte (although I do feel very pretentious when ordering it!

I don't usually eat from there, although I did use to have one of the giant bourbon biscuits most times I had coffee (2-3 times a week). Then when I started using mfp I found that they were 400+ calories. They're yummy, but not yummy enough for all of those cals!
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have a skinny latte. I haven't eaten there since starting MFP (my calories are too precioussssss) but here's a nutrition list of everything they sell, so you can research before you go. http://www.costa.co.uk/nutrition/
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I usually just get an americano with a bit of full fat milk (can't stand skim milk in americanos), and sometimes I get a skinny cappuccino with a shot of vanilla. Occasionally I treat myself to a skinny coffee cooler. The iced cappuccinos are pretty low calories if they're skinny.

If I get lunch there I get a chicken wrap or an egg sandwich. I don't usually get a snack there, although my kids like the wafers so I eat a couple of those. The biscotti has about 170 calories I think.
  • rebeccam279
    rebeccam279 Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    They have some nice yoghurts that are relatively low in calories too.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I LOVE costa, finding a way to fit the obsession around my calories has been one of the trickier parts of losing weight haha. I usually go for a skinny latte (small is about 70 calories I think but all the info is on their website) and sometimes I add sugarfree caramel syrup- basically no calories and tastes amazing! Food wise I usually just order one of the pastries or something and split it with someone (half a chocolate twist is about 170 cals I think)

so if you have a skinny (made with skimmed milk) latte and share a pastry you're looking at under 300 calories :)
  • littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Some brilliant ideas everyone thanks!!
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The small peach lemonade is 88 cals and a small regular latte with sugar free caramel syrup comes in at 145 cals and can be iced on warm days and the protein helps.