An unusually silly question

Options
I just awoke in the middle of the night and had a snack. Would you post it to today or yesterday?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it's not that unusual a question!

Personally I'd probably lot it onto the next day, unless it actually fitted in yesterday's calories. Logging it onto the next day makes it easier to work future calories around it and still stay in a deficit.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good question. The twelfth hour always weirds me out. Is noon am or pm??? I can never remember.

Anyway, about your question. It doesn't matter, do just what DemoraFairy said, so long as you stay under your calorie limit both days.

Now go to sleep! :smiley:
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Personally I'd probably lot it onto the next day, unless it actually fitted in yesterday's calories. Logging it onto the next day makes it easier to work future calories around it and still stay in a deficit.

I'm better at self-delusion than you. If I post it to yesterday, yesterday is over and there's nothing to be done about it. So why ruin today? Simple delusional logic.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

I'm better at self-delusion than you. If I post it to yesterday, yesterday is over and there's nothing to be done about it. So why ruin today? Simple delusional logic.

LOL! Try getting the scale to listen to that. :smile:
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Are you going back to sleep? For me the next day starts when I wake up and I'm not going back to sleep.

So if I'm on a night out and stay up and have drinks/snacks that is logged as 'yesterday'
  • sheldonklein
    Options
    BTW, Demora Fairy, your link to prior threads is hilarious. The things we worry about.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Where does it fit best?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I have to ask. People who do the midnight snack thing, HOW do you do it? If I ate anything in the middle of the night, I would be awake for hours. Or sick. Or both.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    BTW, Demora Fairy, your link to prior threads is hilarious. The things we worry about.

Haha yeah, not only were there many previous threads about it, there were 49 pages of threads about it lol.

misskarne wrote: »
    I have to ask. People who do the midnight snack thing, HOW do you do it? If I ate anything in the middle of the night, I would be awake for hours. Or sick. Or both.

I don't snack myself after having gone to bed, but I do almost always eat something directly before going to bed. If I don't, get get too hungry to sleep, and feel really, really ill the next morning.
  • sheldonklein
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Tonight was actually the 3rd or 4th time I've eaten in the middle of the night in the year since I've joined MFP. Before it might have been twice a week. One of many small changes that add up.