Struggling to eat 1500

Options
I can easily eat 1200 a day. I'm struggling to get 1500 I'm though. With me burning 300 cals a day. Any ideas?

Replies

• Rminhammer
    Rminhammer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about adding a protein/meal replacement shake
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    You could eat almost anything..
    Ice cream bar is 150 calories,
    Peanut butter is 200 calories.
    Greek Yogurt is 80 calories to 150 calories
    Add a bit more cream in coffee.
    Have a cup of milk
    Have an extra serving of Meat/fish
    Have a frozen bag of Veggies = 240 calories.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you're overweight now you have not always eaten 1200 calories.

So with that in mind, what are you eating now daily and what changes have you made? Have you cut foods out completely? If so, unless you have medical/allergy reasons - allow them back in but in a reasonable quantity. Have you gone to a lot of fat free alternatives? Our bodies need fat. Allow some back in. Eat avocados on your sandwich/salad, cook with olive oil, eat nuts/nut butters. Use 2% or full fat cheese and milk products.

You want to fuel your body. Make sure you're getting enough protein, healthy fats, whole grains, fruits, veggies per day. That should add up to well over 1200. Assess to see where you're lacking. And focus on increasing as needed.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Fats help maintain healthy hormone levels. In men a biggie is testosterone. Testosterone will help you keep your muscles (lucky men...). Eat enough fat. Nuts. Olive oil. Avocado. Seeds, like flax, sunflower, and pumpkin. Be good to your body, eat more.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I can easily eat 1200 a day. I'm struggling to get 1500 I'm though. With me burning 300 cals a day. Any ideas?

Change the type of food you are eating.
    Consider items that give you more calories without increasing the quantity of food. Full fat dairy, chicken thighs, steak, avocados, bananas, or nuts for example.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Give it here, I'll eat it ! :open_mouth:

I'm sure you can find a calorie dense item for 300 kcals..
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Juice is an easy, healthy way to add a couple hundred calories. Using dairy or salad dressings with extra fat is also an easy way to add calories.