What if I don't use all my calories?

Options
My Caloric intake limit is 1600...what happens if at the end of the day I have left over, last night I had 700 calories left... Is it ok to eat less than you limit?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    One day you're fine. Everyday not so good. Especially if you're going under 1200 calories. Your body needs fuel to function properly. It is very hard to get the required nutrients your body needs on so few calories.
  • Reprocess
    Reprocess Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What happens is that your deficit grows. This does mean you will lose weight faster. But eating so low amount of calories 900 in this case means your body most likely does not get all the minerals it need. If this is just for a single day. No big deal. But remember that slow and steady wins the race. If you try and starve yourself you have a high risk of falling off
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For a while it was hard for me to get enough calories in, and my dietitian wanted me to try at least to get to 1,200 a day. If I had a low day I'd finish off with a protein shake. This helped me avoid many unintended side-effects like weakness, thinning hair, and so on.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I believe the answer to this question is:
    386414f3e37894262a4cd9627450ef14.jpg
  • darlalesley
    darlalesley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    For a while it was hard for me to get enough calories in, and my dietitian wanted me to try at least to get to 1,200 a day. If I had a low day I'd finish off with a protein shake. This helped me avoid many unintended side-effects like weakness, thinning hair, and so on.

• darlalesley
    darlalesley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am not intentionally trying to take in less calories (sorry I didn't make that clear), I'm just not that hungry...I use protein shakes daily...I take In about 2 a day (160 calories and 1 gram of sugar with 30 grams of Protien...plus I'm taking a multi vitamin...thanks for the feedback...
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    I believe the answer to this question is:
    386414f3e37894262a4cd9627450ef14.jpg

I totally agree! And I do this sometimes, just a tbsp, the 190 calories are so YUMMY! :-)
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1300 calories daily, which I never reach. I eat a variety of foods, no shakes. I'm trying to get closer to it but average closer to 1000. I stopped adding in exercise. It was only about 120-250 calories extra. I'm losing excruciatingly slowly, 9.4 lbs in 39 days. I weigh and measure everything and drink close to a gallon of water daily. ANY ADVICE? Feel free to friend me by the way.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    mlokie wrote: »
    I'm on 1300 calories daily, which I never reach. I eat a variety of foods, no shakes. I'm trying to get closer to it but average closer to 1000. I stopped adding in exercise. It was only about 120-250 calories extra. I'm losing excruciatingly slowly, 9.4 lbs in 39 days. I weigh and measure everything and drink close to a gallon of water daily. ANY ADVICE? Feel free to friend me by the way.

Patience. You've lost a little less than 2lbs a week, that's a really good rate.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    OP, how long have you been at this? When I first started I could barely reach my daily goal. So I say take it while it lasts, because it will get harder.
    You didn't gain weight not knowing how to eat enough, so perhaps you are being too restrictive. For a few days eating that low won't hurt you, but consistently it can do damage to your organs, heart, and health.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Try more calorically dense foods. Nut's, nut butters, avocados, etc.