Anyone else find themselves cranky?

meemaw423
meemaw423 Posts: 119 Member
I know that I've really cut out calories and tried to cut down on sugar and I'm moving a lot more. The last two days I've been so Cranky! Just like Stay away from me!!!! Anyone else notice changes in their moods?

Replies

• TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    It will go away. Your body is in shock from the lack of sugar and calories you would normally consume during the day. I've been counting calories for 9 months now and I remember warning everyone that I'd probably be a little cranky and irritable for a few weeks when I first started. I found that drinking a lot of water helped me feel fuller so I was less likely to bit someone's head off :D
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Yes, that happens to me. I make sure I don't go more than 4 hours if I can between meals (or a snack). I also make sure I eat enough at each meal. You might adjust to the lower calories after a few days.

Or, if it doesn't you could also try lowering your calories gradually. If you've gone from eating 2500 calories each day to 1200, for example, that might be too much for you. Try 2000 for a couple days, then 1800, etc....

For me, I am really cranky if I don't eat enough carbs (ie fruit, bread, cereal, yogurt, etc.) So, I eat them, weigh them, and count the calories. I can keep in my daily range and it helps with the crankiness
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Maybe plan for a little sugary treat each day?. Just a small piece of chocolate or a Skinny Cow ice cream bar or something.
  • meemaw423
    Just needed a friendly reminder that this is normal!! :)
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    It's been a year and I still get haaaangry every now and then! And I eat all the sugar LOL
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    I found that when I cut too much fat from my diet and especially when I try to eat under 1300 calories I am very cranky.

The fat sort of surprised me, not that I was trying to go low-fat I was just trying to cut down on the amount of butter I use and sort of opted for nothing as my other option :)
  • meemaw423
    well I am so use to going to work eating a Sausage egg and cheese biscuit then at lunch they feed you a big meal with desert, then come home have a snack and dinner.I just didn't realize how many Calories I was eating. So, I've been trying to lay off sweets and avoid all those yummy fried foods lol!
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    OMG yes. My Fiancee tells me to just eat and im like no way buddy.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    My sister-in-law who is always screaming at everyone once screamed at me that I needed to eat a Snickers the one time she saw me only slightly lose my temper. Funny.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    I've experienced the hangries on previous diets (I went on a veggie juice fast for 5 days and was alternately spaced out and furious). But I haven't felt upset OR overly hungry since I joined MFP.
    I second the recommendation to drink enough water. I always heard that advice, and I thought, "yeah, yeah, water does nothing" because I'd drink a glass and still feel hungry. But that's when I was drinking only ~ 2 L per day. Now I drink closer to 3 on most days. I bought myself a pretty little glass water bottle with a stopper that holds ~ 2.5 cups. I drink one of those between breakfast and lunch, another with lunch, another between lunch and dinner, another with dinner, and another when I exercise. Now I get it - when you drink that much water, it really does help you feel full.
    I also have taken to eating MASSIVE amounts of vegetables with every meal. Like usually 3 cups of greens at lunch and similar amounts but bulkier veggies, like cauliflower or broccoli, at dinner. I cook them with a little butter (just enough so I don't go over my calories) and they're fantastic.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    I tend to get more cranky when I haven't had enough sleep. When I haven't eaten enough, I feel weaker and less energetic than usual.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    A little bit early but don't think it was really food related.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    The only time my mood was affected was when I did carb cycling. Of course, maybe doing it when I had a 4 month old baby wasn't the best idea...
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Too right. After the game last week me and all the lads (about 15 of us) cornered this city fan and his son who was like ten and we were screaming LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS then we gave them both a good kicking, I was *kitten* wrecked. Not as wrecked as they were though hahah

Reported