"Moment at the lips, lifetime at the hips"

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    What are you all talking about? What's wrong with thongs?

productimage_510_thumb.jpg?width=300&height=300&nostretch

I remember the days of those kind of thongs.
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Wow, I wish someone would say that to me! I would immediately stop chewing, stare at them very seriously, then make two pig snort sounds, and shove the rest in my mouth! :D
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    No, as I said in that other thread, it's been useful to me on occasion. Not because it's true, but bc it mentions hips, which are the things I would ultimately like to reduce, and it brings the intake-outcome relationship into relief.
  • jarrahm133
    jarrahm133 Posts: 27 Member
    Yes it's a good motivational saying but no one ever has the right to insult someone else's eating habits.

It's an ok thing to tell yourself especially if you are deciding whether to eat junk food but never say it to anyone else!
  • tomatoey
    jarrahm133 wrote: »
    Yes it's a good motivational saying but no one ever has the right to insult someone else's eating habits.

It's an ok thing to tell yourself especially if you are deciding whether to eat junk food but never say it to anyone else!

Agreed, super rude
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Wait... That's supposed to be weightloss advice? I thought it was about relationships.
  • tomatoey
    senecarr wrote: »
    Wait... That's supposed to be weightloss advice? I thought it was about relationships.
    badumtss_single.png

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Too late to change that post now, thongs it is!
  • Finniemarie9710
    Finniemarie9710 Posts: 25 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You need to learn to throat punch!
    byw84a6mpi5j.gif

Lol love this response xD
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    edited August 2015
    There've been a few occasions where people have said this to me whilst eating something typically considered 'unhealthy' and I hate it. Firstly, it's just plain wrong. Secondly, what do people think gives them a right to shame my food choices when they have no clue about my diet or goals or anything. Ugh, it just frustrates me.

Just wondering if it annoys anyone else?

I hate that phrase. Seriously people and their comments can go sit in their stupid bowl of salad and be sad.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Seems like they have an eating disorder and obviously that kind of thinking can lead to more triggers. Never heard that quote before. Plus, not everyone gains weight at the same place.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    555_FILK wrote: »
    Wow, I wish someone would say that to me! I would immediately stop chewing, stare at them very seriously, then make two pig snort sounds, and shove the rest in my mouth! :D

Hahahaha this is my favourite reply - brilliant :D
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    I find the phrase - 'sugars not the devil' particularly annoying!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    My response usually is "I throw people around for fun I need my hips."
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    No one has said that to me but if they did I would be annoyed.
    It isn't true. It isn't motivational. It is rude to police other people's food choices like they are toddlers.
    Some people carry their weight in their hips. Peole like me do not. It would go to my belly.
    Eating something higher calorie does not mean you gain weight. Eating too many calories for your activity level over time causes weight gain.
    If you do gain weight you are not doomed for life to stay that way.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    many of these phrases and quotes, at minimum, hint of a crummy relationship with food
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Seems like they have an eating disorder and obviously that kind of thinking can lead to more triggers. Never heard that quote before. Plus, not everyone gains weight at the same place.

cwolfman13 wrote: »
    many of these phrases and quotes, at minimum, hint of a crummy relationship with food

I think they are a throwback from earlier days when it was considered okay/good to think/say these things. My grandma (think young wife of the 1950s) said this all the time.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    It's a good saying to say to yourself when you're trying to get your eating under control. I wouldn't say it to someone else, though!

I think people who say those things are trying to be helpful. It's totally rude and kind of mean, especially if said in front of others, but some people think that being mean and rude is the best way to "help" others. It's twisted and warped, but to them, it is seen as helping you.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Even at my lowest weight and highest level of fitness people would make comments about my food intake. I was monitoring what i was eating (around 1350-1400 calories per day) and using a food scale.

I brought to lunch 1 slice of pizza and an apple. I got all kinds of "i thought you eat healthy" or "are you sure you can eat that?" or "does that fit into your diet?". I even got a "uh-oh, you trying to gain weight now?".

Like, seriously, You don't know what i'm eating for the rest of the day/night. For realz people?

My opinion, ignore everyone and their BS comments.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Lol, based on today's version of what many females want to look like (Kim K), there will be lots of pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png