Zumba lovers - what shoes do you like/wear?

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a fairly new... well old/new member. I finally joined the gym and my favorite are Zumba classes. I have used Nike Musique shoes in the past, they were ok. This time around I started with Nike Musique, but thought I would replace them because their soles were a bit worn. So I bought Blochs, but my feet are very sore in them, mostly the pain is in the ball of my foot. I read good reviews about them, but I will have to replace them.

My question is, what to get? I know my weight has to do with the pain, too. But if I can get more appropriate shoes maybe it will be less pain :)

Tell me what you like/wear.

Thanks a million!

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I like a cross trainer. My current ones are a nike brand cant remember the model. I see some people in class wear more of a running shoe and i have found i cant use them its hard for me to pivot.
  • Emma33021
    Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I ordered Nike Shox, I've seen people wearing them in class before. We'll see how it goes.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Ask your instructor about the shoe that Zumba actually sells. It has a circle at the ball of the foot to accommodate pivoting.
    As to the quality, I have no idea my feet are too small for any good sport shoe.

Cheers, h.
  • makemybodysing
    makemybodysing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ask your instructor about the shoe that Zumba actually sells. It has a circle at the ball of the foot to accommodate pivoting.
    I hadn't heard of those but if that's the case, they sound like the best choice. I tried Zumba but I had to give it up because I felt the pivoting was too dangerous for my dodgy knees: if your shoes stick to the floor and your legs pivot without your feet following, it's a recipe for major knee injuries!