Ok Starting over again!

Hey everyone,

Really! It is meant to be to here again. Knowing that this is the way for me to lose weight with myfitnesspal. Obviously I have to successfully commit to this program to have the desires of my heart met. Lose 50lbs. Should I put a number out there. It seems to work against me when have in the past. Well, here I go and need support. If you have been here before and have made progress please share a nugget with me has to how the get over the first week.

Replies

• Vegnwife1234
    Vegnwife1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello,
    Just starting over again myself. Lets do this! :) sent you a friend request.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Welcome back!

Not thinking about it as a "program" has helped me a lot. I have tried every "program" under the sun - the long term affect is that my purse is lighter, my waistline larger and the weight loss industry richer and bigger than ever.

MFP put me in control, there's not really any secrets, lotions or potions. My calories per day is like a daily bank balance - I have 1500 to spend and I am free to spend that how I want. I am allowed to make a deposit into that bank account each day to increase the balance a little - it's called exercise. I can eat 3 pieces of cheesecake if I want - but it didn't take me long to figure out that 3 pieces of cheesecake is actually not very good at satisfying me for a full 24hrs.

16lbs down in 2.5 months. 81lbs to go :) You can do it too :)

Get a food scale if you don't have one already - an essential tool of the trade. Log EVERYTHING - even blow outs. It turns out a blow out is not the end of the world but a great way to learn something about yourself.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have started over again too....after a bout in 2009-2010 with Jenny Craig. I lost weight but I didn't learn anything! Now I have a disiplined kitchen, an area which is MINE (different from the snack drawer of my son and husband) and I am in control of my food intake. So I cleaned up my pantry, cleaned up my closet and don't wear sweats 24/7 and started paying attention to myself.
    A mantra I like is this.
    "Losing weight isn't the key to happiness....Happiness is the key to losing weight"
    I firmly believe that. This weight loss journey isn't all about numbers, it's also about respecting yourself. I log in every day. That is one of my tools to losing 25 lbs, (so far). One other important factor is your support system. These threads help as well as having friends that keep you accountable. I used to lose weight quietly, now I tell the world. It makes me have a voice in situations. Learning to say "No thank you" is something I do all the time. To family to friends and to myself. I dictate how I eat, not society or my family. So be firm, you have a fire that can take control over everything you do. Add me, if you wish to. Know that I demand friends that log in. So the ones that take a 2 week holiday is not on my support system for long. I will send them a message asking where they are, then I delete them. Harsh? Maybe, but I am serious about this. Becca in Oregon
  • b_dailey2011
    b_dailey2011 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm starting again too! I feel like its time for a change but I have no clue where to begin exactly...
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    where to begin? Log your food every day. Drink more water. Cut out all sodas. Move every day. You can do this.
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Ive lost 10lbs in 2 weeks.

What ive done is cut out pop all together except for a diet once every week. I eat 3 times a day. Breakfast and lunch together add up to 400 cals. Then I have alot left over for dinner. Im eating 1200 cals a day and sometimes less. My family eats out sometimes during the week or we'll go out for dessert so if I have 300 cals left or heck even more I add them to a note pad document so I know that if we go out for dessert I have those cals left over that I can have that ice cream blizzard or that extra slice of pizza without damaging my diet. I eat all foods. Even processed. I believe all foods can be bad for you if you eat too many of them...Its calories in calories out. I exercise 5 times a week and have 2 rest days. I exercise between 30-60 minutes all cardio based using my fitness blenders at home online videos.When im done with exercising tho I dont just sit down when the exercise is over. I lightly clean the house to burn those extra calories. I always try to move in someway shape or form whether its when im standing at the stove cooking that im rocking my hips back and forth or im tapping my foot while sitting. Im always moving somehow.. I added protein to every meal. I drink around 8 glasses or more water a day. Strength training is a must helps build muscle. I do it atleast twice a week but its cardio based too. Its all CICO. Dont think that you need to stop eating dessert or pizza or fast food. It doesnt work like that. Ive went from 185 to 175 in 2 weeks just doing this stuff. Add me if you'd like.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    I am not starting over but had a bad week of eating and could use some supportive friends to help keep me more accountable.