Want to lose weight quick! But healthy!

Options
I got a lot of weight to lose and want it gone by next spring! I need to be dedicated and strict! Need some motivational friends that are in the same boat!

Replies

• shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Get on Nutrisystem, join the group here for NS there are Two groups you can join and NS on FB great support, loving people and we're all here to support you. You can do it!
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    No quick fix, if you want to keep it off
  • BethAnnRichmond
    BethAnnRichmond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of weight to lose and want it gone by next spring! I need to be dedicated and strict! Need some motivational friends that are in the same boat!

Glad to see that you are wanting to lose the weight in a healthy way -- that is the best way to keep it off! Good for you! I have some weight to lose but am really interested in seeing some muscle tone. I'd love to be one of your motivational cheerleaders!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Quick and healthy are not going to happen at the same time. Set your goal to two pounds a week, log accurately, and go from there.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Not too quickly where it's unhealthy.. You guys know what I mean
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit/will power is the only realistic answer. We will help!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

It took me 2 years and 9 months to lose 121 pounds, now been maintaining for almost a year now. Slow and steady is a healthy weight loss, setting time for weight loss sets for failure, start logging and workout and be happy with what weight loss you get by spring. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

A rough rule of thumn as to how long it might take is 1lb a week. With the best will in the world its going to take you some time to shed 120lbs. The importnat thing is you make it from beinning to end ratehr than yo yo or give up which takes a degree of commitment, realistic expectation and patience. Iy will go quicker in the beginning and slow at the end.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    stay within your calories that mfp gives you and exercise. set small goals and get plenty of support from friends and family to help you stay motivated.