My "belly" seems "chubbier", the more weight I lose...?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Thanks for the article. Good to see I've been doing all the right things. Have been eating at a deficit (NET), for the past 4-5 months. Have been doing more cardio, only to make up for eating, so
    to make stay around my NET caloric goal (after adding calories back from exercise). I'm sure that eventhough I'm doing cardio to make up for eating, it's slowing my weight loss/fat percentage loss, but it's still working overall. I just started doing the strong lifts a month ago and have increased all weights, just benched 5x5 at 245lbs easily, which was a nice surprise.

Think it's the patience that I need. Especially when I started at 268lbs, and now am at 235lbs, and would like to get to 220lbs. The body adapts to the exercise, making each additional pound more difficult to lose. Lately I've been "cheating" more often and taking a week off from "heavy lifting" specifically to shock my body, then switch back right away to shock it again. It seems to be effective, but psychologically very difficult as I usually gain a pound or two during that "cheat" segment, only to lose it quickly (and more) right after I end the "cheat" segment of 5-7 days or so.

No, no body shocking. Just eat at your deficit as best you can and keep lifting

I had the tummy protrusion thing for a while but it was gone back to normal in a matter of a few months. I never really had a protruding waist line, though. Just losing fat in surrounding areas first caused it to have that effect