Hit my first milestone!

Options
I have lost 27 lbs in the past 4 weeks. Now I need to find a local store that sells the New Balance Vazee trainers! Cheers to everyone's success story! Keep it up!

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Uhhh...you lost one pound per *day*?
  • JaeSky
    JaeSky Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you're a fair bit over your goal weight, it can come off very quickly at first... I seem to be losing about a pound a day at the moment, I know that the rate won't stay anything close to that, and am prepared for it to drastically reduce soon, but if you make a big change to your eating and excercise habits at the same time, things start off fast.

Congrats Mark!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Uhhh...you lost one pound per *day*?

Why is that hard to believe? In 8 weeks I've lost 51lbs. That's just under a pound a day.
  • EttaWB
    EttaWB Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. What are both of you doing. On average I'm losing 1-1.5 lbs a week. This is on a caloric deficit and walking almost everyday. Please share.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1-1.5lb/week is a great rate of loss EttaWB! I wouldn't look for more, I'd focus on keeping that up.

I highly recommend sites like trendweight.com for getting a real picture of what's going on. The scale tells lies, lies, and more d*mn lies - because it measures everything in your body, most especially the water, and water fluctuates a huge amount from day to day. So while I can believe a scale is showing a huge loss, even over a short time, it's hard to tell what kind of weight that loss actually represents. With the trend line, those maddening "plateaus" can be seen as the progress they are, and the random weights can be ignored. Here's my last 30 days for example, according to MFP:

pd3i7rlvk56r.png

Whereas here's about the same timeframe (4 weeks) on trendweight.com:

fdreb72drcxp.png

Look at the difference!! If I was watching MFP, I'd feel like the last week was a total waste of time, it's totally flat. In fact even the weight loss section has several pretty depressing spikes. But looking at the trend line shows the signal instead of the noise - pretty steady, almost straight line 1.8lb/week loss ... the two "plateaus" in the MFP chart are actually steadily pulling down my trend the whole time.

Plus those couple of days where the diamond is above the line - those are exactly the days after my "cheat" days. So I can see the exact impact of those restaurant meals, and still see that I'm right back on track the next day.

I really can't recommend this approach enough if you find the scale frustrating.

And as for the OP and JaeSky - that super fast initial start that can turn into frustration when it stops is also handled well by this, because you don't get an unrealistic sense of what's possible - and 1lb/day is not sustainable - that'd be a calorie deficit of 3500 kcals/day. I think there are few people who even burn that many calories in a day, and you have to get that over and above what you eat to truly lose 1lb/day.

Osric
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!