How to suit your diet when working on nights??

How do you think I should prepare my food intakes when working nights 12-8?? The problem is I usually just work 2 nights a week so it is a bit weird. I await for your answers. Thanks

Replies

• Saraness
    Saraness Posts: 32 Member
    Hi! I'm a server and work three- four nights a week from usually 2pm-2am. What I do is I pre-make my meals and pack them up for me. Everything that I will eat for the night I pre-portion out. I usually bring a salad as one meal, a fish and vegetable as another meal, popcorn (never under estimate the snacking of popcorn- its a lot of popcorn for so little calories) as another meal and blueberries, a light cheese stick, almonds and protein powder as snacks
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Hey. I work 10pm-6am. Usually, I'll eat dinner before I go to work and pack a light lunch to eat there on my break. It'll usually consist on some sort of fruit and whatever else I fancy for that day. I go to bed when I get in and wake up afternoon time. Eat breakfast when I wake up and head for the gym to start my day.
  • ClaireTonito
    ClaireTonito Posts: 31 Member
    This is also a thing I've not adjusted to correctly. I work 5pm-1am give or take an hour here and there. They normally give us the option of having a meal at work but you never know what you are going to get. The next day I pretty much sleep....like all day until it's time to get up for work again. It's such a physically demanding job I've no energy but improving my eating would most likely mean I'd have some more energy even if the sore muscles remain!
  • kevgw83
    kevgw83 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel your pain. I've just finished 3 months of nights with erratic eating patterns and up until today hadn't been the gym in 2 months. I work different shifts different weeks, 1930-0750 and just fail to eat enough when on nights as who wants a meal at 2 in the morning (unless its a kebab after 5 pints