Eating while at an Amusement park

Options
We are headed for vacation which is 3 days at an amusement park. We will be doing lots of walking and swimming. What are the best foods to bring with me, not only to keep my calories down, but keep my energy level up???

So far, I have lots of fruit (grapes, watermelon, banana's) and veggies (carrots, celery sticks).

Thanks!

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You can dip your veggies in hummus and cottage cheese for some protein.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'd bring some nuts too, or a homemade granola or trail mix.
  • shadowking
    Options
    Beef jerky is really high in protein and low in carbs and is light weight but filling. It also keeps well in the heat.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Add some healthy carbs like whole grain crackers, Cheerios ( I love the chocolate as a treat or component of trail mix).
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    when i was younger & we went 2 the amusement park my mom would pack a cooler full of foods. so that when it was lunch time we'd walk back 2 the car & had a car-nic (car picnic). it was awesome. most parks will stamp ur hands when u leave so that u can get back in w/o payin the fee again. it's a standard practice at the one near me.

also drink plenty of water & put dry food snacks in ur bag. that'll help a lot. but i really enjoyed our car picnics. that way we weren't stuck on the foods that the park offered. :tongue: