Any French or Irish pals here ?

Options
Hi, I'm Angha, 35, living in Dublin.
My goal is to keep my blood pressure under controle. I come back on MFP after one stressful year that resulted in 12 more pounds with bad effect on my BP.
I'm more on the veggies side but I find it difficult to get good quality vegetables/fruits in Dublin (I know the weather doesn't help, so the majority comes from overseas). If somebody has clues where to find some, I'll be grateful.

See you around.
Slán!

Replies

• fabmrfox89
    fabmrfox89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm neither French nor Irish, but I'm living in France, so maybe that counts for something? Congratulations for you getting back to it. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Living with someone made it really difficult to keep up with MFP, but now that I'm living alone I'm trying to get back on the horse! Keep it up!
  • Angharaad
    Angharaad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep, that counts :)

Living in France has the great advantage to give access to great fruits and vegetables (yumm apricots, peaches, melon...) but also cheese :wink:

Well done for getting back on the horse. But you don't need to stay single to keep up with MFP :smiley:
    I wish you all the success.
  • catherine305
    catherine305 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish but living in Scotland. Have you tried farmers markets? I have never lived in Dublin but google tells me there are some :)http://www.supernatural.ie/ I'd focus on vegetables rather than fruits if you can, not 8 portions of fruit a day (even though I'd prefer fruit if I could!).

Has your stressful time passed you by now?
  • Angharaad
    Angharaad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're right, there are some farmers markets in the city but as it takes me ages to go there, I usually don't go.
    Tesco is my go to :-/ because they deliver to my door.

No more stress for me now that I have a new job :)