Gaining weight with fibromyalgia & other health issues

Options
So my whole life I've been underweight! It's always bothered me alot... People think or ask or call me anorexic or bulemic! And it really hurts! I'm at my lowest right now ranging between 82-89lbs and its really hard to eat alot of the time cuz I'm in serve pain 24/7 and I ushually don't have an appetite cuz of it... Also suffer stomach issues so try to eat small meals at a time, somethings will even make me sick... Some days I can eat something and some days I end up sick to my stomach... I'm seriously over being underweight... I wanna gain 70lbs! But hey even if I can't every little bit helps... I'm the weirdo that gets weighed and if I gained just a lb. I get excited... Lol so anyone else suffer with similar issues and how do you deal?

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    That sounds really tough. I'm fortunate my health issues are nowhere as debilitating.
    You should probably try to eat calorie dense foods and to drink a portion of your calories as well.

Full fat milk works really well, as does adding (a lot of) oil to everything and eating spoonfuls of peanut butter.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are under the care of a great doctor since you are so young and weigh so little.

As aslSmile mentions full fat milk I know adding fats to my micro when I went off of most sugars and all grain helped fix my stomach issues..

As a guess your issues may be due to your stomach issues. Coconut oil helped my heal I think. I had IBS bad bad for 40 years and it has been cured for about 6 months now.

Keep talking with your doctor(s) and Googling you health concerns and reading current research articles.
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    That sounds really tough. I'm fortunate my health issues are nowhere as debilitating.
    You should probably try to eat calorie dense foods and to drink a portion of your calories as well.

Full fat milk works really well, as does adding (a lot of) oil to everything and eating spoonfuls of peanut butter.

Good ideas here, it's really easy to add lots of calories with nuts, avocados, oils etc. Also carbohydrate rich foods such as pasta, potatoes etc provide a lot of calories per portion. Drinking shakes between meals would help too.

What foods do you enjoy eating when you feel ok? X