21 & Unhappy

Options
I think my story is the typical college story. Graduated high school and weighed 120-135. Freshman year at college gained the 15 lbs. Junior Year gained 5 lbs. Now I'm 150 lbs and 5'3. I'm pretty much the biggest I have ever been and I feel it. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by November. For the past 2 days I have done insanity and have ran 2 miles as well. I have been eating alot of greens and drinking water. HOWEVER, usually my diets start off really well. I can usually lose the 10-15 lbs but then I'm back to square one. I want to keep the weight off for good and tone up. I'm tired of people calling me fat. It's so annoying. I don't want to do it for them but, for myself. Anyways do any of you have success stories?! I'm a senior this year at my university and I'm ready to finally look and feel good. :)

Replies

• AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi- first of all, you are gorgeous and young, so stop being unhappy! :-) But really....20 pounds by November seems like too much for someone your size. What works for me is smaller, attainable goals short term. I want to lose 25 pounds, but I'm not putting a time limit on it. Every pound that comes off the scale is a victory for me, and I try to remember how much I've lost rather than how much more I have to lose. Good luck!
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's a long process but you can do it.
  • chodybaby
    chodybaby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Your gonna to be just fine, eat clean. Your young and that is really on your side. Let's put in work!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just pick a plan and do it.

Set your expectations reasonable and focus on the work not the outcome.
  • ThatNocturnalGirl
    ThatNocturnalGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and in university too. Good luck with your goals! You can do it. If you need support, feel free to add me (goes to anyone).
  • meganisaacson
    meganisaacson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was literally in the same boat as you!! I was fit and healthy in high school and the moment college hit, I gained a ton of weight :( but hopefully we can work at this together!! But don't forget you are beautiful inside and out!! Consistency is key and you have a whole community here that can help you reach your goals!! :)
  • Emutinda
    Emutinda Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I relate to what you are going through I have been there. As someone said earlier it's better to break down the goal into smaller goals that way you'll reach your goals easier.For you to maintain your results you'll have to make eating clean your lifestyle and not just something short-term.The moment you compromise you'll just go back to where you are.I have lost eight kilograms so far and it's possible. Good Luck