Should I count it?

lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have issues, but answer me anyway :bigsmile:

Woke up this morning weighed myself and the scale said 170.4. Got coffee, drank, worked on the computer a little, got up, peed, weighed again...169.8!!!

Should I count the 169.8????????????????????????????

I want to. :laugh:

Replies

• WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    :laugh:

Well...I would want to as well.....but maybe if you had got back on the scales in say 2 hours time you might have put it back on again?

Bodies! They have their way of fooling us :wink:
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Well I always weigh myself after I pee. So I would count it
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    I'd count it. Usually always try to pee etc before weighing !
  • lina1131
    I did pee before I weighed. Then I had coffee and peed more and then weighed.
  • lina1131
    Did I mention that I also started my period this morning (sorry guys lol), so I mean this might be for real!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    When you weigh as often as you do....there will always be inconsistencies.....and it will drive you crazy.....You need to pick one particularly moment to weigh and stick to it

I usually weigh in the morning after I pee.....once per week

But I believe you went back on the scale...because I think it was you (correct me if I am wrong), that had an earlier post about being 169.9 or something of that nature

So you weighed this morning and you weigh 170 so you go back and got the 169....regardless of what we say, you still are going to have doubts...and possible be upset, because you aren’t sure which it really is

I know some people have to weigh everyday...but believe me, it can drive you crazy

I would put the 169 because thats the number you got yesterday (again thats if it was you who made that earlier post)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :flowerforyou: I weigh myself every day but don't record a new weight until it's been that way for a few days:bigsmile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I found myself weighing before I worked out in the morning last weekend (but after using the bathroom), then working out, then weighing, Sure enough the scale went down like 0.4 or 0.6. It's just your body fluctuating throughout the day. It's your call whether to log it. I only log what I weigh first thing in the morning and I only log one pound lost at a time. It would be madness trying to log -0.2 one day and +0.4 the next and so on...
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    I would record which ever one was your usual weigh in time.
  • lina1131
    When you weigh as often as you do....there will always be inconsistencies.....and it will drive you crazy.....You need to pick one particularly moment to weigh and stick to it

I usually weigh in the morning after I pee.....once per week

But I believe you went back on the scale...because I think it was you (correct me if I am wrong), that had an earlier post about being 169.9 or something of that nature

So you weighed this morning and you weigh 170 so you go back and got the 169....regardless of what we say, you still are going to have doubts...and possible be upset, because you aren’t sure which it really is

I know some people have to weigh everyday...but believe me, it can drive you crazy

I would put the 169 because thats the number you got yesterday (again thats if it was you who made that earlier post)

That wasn't me. :)
  • lina1131
    I'll wait and see what tomorrow's weigh in brings to the table!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :tongue: Absolutely count the 169?. Your best time to get a almost actual weight is first thing in the morning, after going pee and
    undressed! :tongue:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    if it feels good do it!
  • Dara80
    Dara80 Posts: 19 Member
    I always wait to weigh in until I've been up for a few hours. I always do it before I eat but I try to be up for a while beforehand. I don't know what it is, but I always weigh more first thing in the morning. In my mind, I've imagined that it's because I have a bunch of fluid stored in my muscle tissue and when I get them all good and warmed up, the fluid decreases. I don't know if that's true but it's certainly what I let myself believe! HA HA
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Did I mention that I also started my period this morning (sorry guys lol), so I mean this might be for real!!!

Seeing as nobody mentioned this if it is your T.O.M I really wouldn't believe a thing that scaled says right now !!!! Everytime I weight around that time I have been anywhere from 7 lbs to 4 lbs heavier it really does affect your weight :smile:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    AHealthierSuzyQ Posts: 698 Member
    Scales lie! Its is best to weigh only once a week, but if you must weigh everyday make it part of a routine, so you are always weighing at about the same time. Personally I always weigh after my first trip to the bathroom in my underwear.
This discussion has been closed.