Men & Women- between ages 40-55 (give or take a few yrs)

Options
2»

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your service saavedra :) you are on the right track to lose those unwanted pounds ...congrats on your 21 pounds .....congrats on your grandson :) wishing you much success
  • jbouton40
    jbouton40 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 45. Have been working out for years. I can beat my kids or there boyfriends at any sport. It keeps you young. I never give up. You will always have some set backs. Be all you can be.
  • TastesLikeChicken
    TastesLikeChicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello jason,
    I just turned 60 this yr. i used to Think life would be over at this age. I still think I am 18 just need to convince my body. I was running a spring and fall half marathon up until having a procedure that knocked me off my routine about a yr and a half ago. They took out a ft of my colon and my appendix. I was back running a month later. Lately I've been making way too many excuses for not exercising. Working too much, too tired, rehabbed a house. My wt ballooned to an all time high so I finally got fed up. No pun intended. I just bacpacked a wk in the Olympic natl forest with my two daughters and felt like I was getting too old for packing over mtn passes. i decided a wk later that was BS. I just need to drop 40 lbs and get back in shape. Ive got my resolve back. Just biked 64 min at 14 mph. Think I will test a bit of running in the early am. I intend to begin exercising 60 min a day 6 days per wk. and log my eating. I got day 1 done. My goal is to drop 40 lbs in a yr and run a half marathon in spring. ive got a 72 yr old friend who is still running 21 min 5 Ks so we dont have to let our age define us.

I had been alternating run/rest days as Ive gotten older. Now I will be cross training on my non running days.

Make peace with sore muscles, it is a sign you are making progress and a reminder you did something good.
    Best regards
    Dave
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Wow, Dave. What an incredible story and I can appreciate how you keep fighting despite life's setbacks. Pretty impressive about the 72 year friend. That person can fly. Thanks for sharing your story.