First time trying to seriously lose weight.

Options
skbensin
skbensin Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am a 28 year old male from Pennsylvania and I am so tired of being overweight. I have a sedentary job with terrible hours and lack the motivation to make changes in my life, probably due to my depression. I have always been a bit overweight, but the last few years have really affected my self-confidence and self-worth. I want to make these changes in my life and just hope that I can find the motivation to lose weight. I am very much an introvert so putting myself out there like this is leading to a lot of anxiety.

Replies

• lovebugmertz
    lovebugmertz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its funny cuz reading this was lik i wrote it.. Only change would be that im a stay at home mom.. And im from tx. As someone also suffering with depression and anxiety i understand where you are coming from.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Motivation is overrated, especially if you suffer from depression. I just made logging a habit and results followed. Currently maintaining. Good luck to both of you!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    skbensin wrote: »
    I am a 28 year old male from Pennsylvania and I am so tired of being overweight. I have a sedentary job with terrible hours and lack the motivation to make changes in my life, probably due to my depression. I have always been a bit overweight, but the last few years have really affected my self-confidence and self-worth. I want to make these changes in my life and just hope that I can find the motivation to lose weight. I am very much an introvert so putting myself out there like this is leading to a lot of anxiety.

Sorry you are depressed, its hard, but you will need to understand and address this issue becayse ut has just as much impact on your life as the extra weight. On the positive side there are many here who have lost weight and got through depression on these forums. You will get a boost if you make progress and doing exercise is a great anti depressant.

Understand your depression
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx
    Understand how to lose weight its straightforward
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Plan well,commit and then take small steps that you can manage. Snall steps like a 10 min walk, logging your food, for a day/ a week, just keep pushing forward and be patient with yourself. Good luck.
  • markstone789
    markstone789 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was depressed last year. When one is depressed, he cannot take care of himself including health & weight. I started walking 4 months ago. I am losing both of my depression & my weight. You are much younger than me. There are so many new/good things you can look forward to. Wish you get well soon!
  • denniscrocker72
    denniscrocker72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Best of luck in your efforts!