Low calorie crock pot recipes

Options
kthomas994
kthomas994 Posts: 11 Member
please help! I'm in need of some new low calorie crock pot recipes! I'm getting tired of the same things week after week!

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Emilybites.com has some marvelous slow cooker recipes
  • kthomas994
    kthomas994 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'll go look
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com also has some really good ones. The crockpot carne guisada and chicken taco soup are so good.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a huge slow cooker, so I put a lot of veg in the bottom when I make this: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/05/lemon-and-herb-crockpot-roasted-chicken.html

Whenever I buy rotisserie chicken, I freeze the carcasses in a quart-sized Ziploc freezer bag. When I have a bunch, I make bone broth in the Crock-Pot and freeze it in single servings. You can skip the veggies & herbs, and I always chill the stock & skim the fat before freezing: http://www.joyouslydomestic.com/2013/06/homemade-slow-cooker-chicken-stock.html
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I like:
    12 oz chicken breasts
    Italian herbs (fresh or dried)
    1 tsp kosher salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    1 red pepper - diced
    2 zucchini - diced
    15 oz can cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
    15 oz can tomatoes - diced
    A few tbs tomato paste

6 hours on slow. The chicken just falls apart. I serve it over rice for DH and with side vegies for me with a touch of parmesan cheese. Just FYI it doesn't freeze super well, it gets quite watery when it's defrosted.
  • Iowa51346
    Iowa51346 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I put pork loin in the crock pot and it is really good. It gets so tender. I cover the bottom with lemon juice and add some garlic salt, parsley, cumin, and just a little cayenne pepper. I often throw some baby potatoes in with it. Pork loin is high in protein. I am going to try the recipe posted by oh happy day. Thanks!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Google Chicken Thighs in slow cooker.