Nausea when hungry?

Options
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone else out there feels excessively nauseous and actually gets sick if they don't eat when they normally would? The last two days I haven't been able to have breakfast when I normally do (it's been around an hour and a half to two hours late), but before I've been able to get some food, normally on my drive to work, I get overwhelmingly nauseous until I eat. I remember this happening a lot when I was younger, during my undergrad.

Anyone else get this? Is it just low blood sugar, maybe, or something I should investigate further with a Dr?

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    yes, when I am truly and excessively hungry, the normal acid in my stomach has nothing to do but eat at my insides and make me feel like puking. When I was in my teens and early twenties, this was the only way I recognized real hunger. Otherwise it was really easy to ignore. I would never say not to talk to your doctor, but I would say that eating meals on time might help. Even if that means a granola bar in the car/meeting/gym.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I get the same on rare occasion. What I do now is make sure I have something I can snack on while I drive - protein bars, mixed nuts, etc - so I at least get something in my belly. A little snack and a cup of coffee will get me by if I can't get a proper breakfast.

~Lyssa
  • megaiken92
    megaiken92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll try keeping a granola bar or something in my purse if I'm not able to keep on my normal routine. :)
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This happens to me some mornings. I've actually been woken up by it before. I usually just eat 2-3 crackers, then make breakfast. Worst cases, it's actually caused me to gag, and almost dry heave.
  • cm624
    cm624 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never get to a point where you feel hungry, especially when trying to lose weight. I keep nuts and dried fruit on me when I may run late. Try a shake for breakfast. I can't eat in the mornings and can stomach those. Hope this helps.