I have a question girls.

Options
do any of you wear a coreset when you work out? If so, does it make a diffrence? Did anyone have good results? I just got one and I want to try it out just wanted to here what you all thought about it. Thanks(:

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Why?

+1
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Well that just sounds awful. Why?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What results are you looking for exactly?

'Cause, to me, it kinda sounds like a trip to the ER because you passed out due to lack of oxygen.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    God no! That sounds awful. Any legitimate sources that I've read about wearing those corsets during exercise have said that they're not helpful and potentially damaging.

Plus the Kardashians spruik them...what else do you need to know really. ;)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i am so glad i dont go to a gym. I would be soooo in trouble
    I really would pee myself when i see somebody in a corset running on a threadmill
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Why?

Because she wants to damage her internal organs?
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    im assuming you are referring to the latex waist trainers, like the ones made by bombshell curves? I was curious a while back about them too, supposedly they can help you sweat a little more in that particular area, but otherwise really have no use. if you REALLY want, you could use it during cardio to help remind yourself to constantly be engaging your abs and core and MAYBE sweat out a little more retained fluid but otherwise......no point. i had a conversation about them when i noticed one of the girls at my gym using one (happens to be an IFBB pro) and she was just trying it out becuase she had been given it for free but felt it didnt have much effect outside of reminding herself to keep her core tight. try this article
    http://spotmegirl.com/waist-cinchers-weight-training/
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out that you are definetly not supposed to wear a real corset (steel boned, lace up in the back) while exercising.
    When you really tighten those, you are pressing on your organs. Plus, they can limit the expansion of your lungs, limiting your breathing capabilities. Not something you should be doing while working out.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    do any of you wear a coreset when you work out? If so, does it make a diffrence? Did anyone have good results? I just got one and I want to try it out just wanted to here what you all thought about it. Thanks(:

Do you mean a corset or one of those things that help you sweat?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    A corset? Really?

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've never worn a corset, but I'm going to guess it sort of restricts your breathing a little bit. Wearing it while exercising isn't a good idea.

Maybe it's a good idea if you like asphyxiation. But if not, then it's not a good idea.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    OMG no

Unless you mean a lifting belt because of the weight

But otherwise don't be an eejit ...return it and get your money back

Or give me your money
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    The thought of running in a corset makes me want to die.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,052 Member
    Options
    No ... a thousand times ... NO! I can't even imagine entertaining the idea of wearing a corset for 5 minutes around the house let alone exercising.

When I was nearing my peak weight, I grabbed a cycling jersey which had always fit comfortably. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I just put it on, finished dressing and dashed out the door. We had to drive about half an hour to the start location, and by the time I go there I was so incredibly uncomfortable, I was almost in tears. That jersey was just barely OK when I was standing while getting dressed ... after half an hour sitting in the car it was way too tight. And that was one of the most uncomfortable rides I've ever done. It was just so tight. I ended up unzipping it as much as I could so I could breathe a little bit.

After that experience ... nothing tight while exercising!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

She means a "waist trainer" like the useless harmful garbage that's always getting peddled on IG

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    No, and why would I deny myself the chance to develop core strength by relying on an external prosthetic to hold my guts in place?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    I just want to point out that you are definetly not supposed to wear a real corset (steel boned, lace up in the back) while exercising.
    When you really tighten those, you are pressing on your organs. Plus, they can limit the expansion of your lungs, limiting your breathing capabilities. Not something you should be doing while working out.

plus the breathing thing
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No its a ridiculous fad gimmick.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

She means a "waist trainer" like the useless harmful garbage that's always getting peddled on IG

bwahahahahahahahahaha

oh i love you thats a good one. I would die when i see this really.
    And dont get me wrong a nice corset i love...but they are not for the gym rofl