Motivational help?

Options
I'm so unmotivated to work out sometimes. I mean sometimes I'll work out for 4 days in a row and then just stop for like a week I'm so inconsistent, Any ideas to help with that?

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    When I did work out (I don't anymore as my new job makes me walk a ton), I'd set goals..like 6 miles on the stationary bike in 30 mins. Then a week later I'd go for 6 miles in like 27 mins. It was rewarding to see my increasing fitness and ability.
  • jdeepsea
    jdeepsea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For the first months I did not work out everyday, but every second day. You get results slower, however, sooner or later you'll be more motivated (usually after ypu see results) and want more. Sometimes I just need to work out because of my calorie count ;)
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Eh, so work out four days in a row then take a week off. It certainly beats no exercise at all, by a long shot. What are you trying to achieve, and why do you need to work out more consistently?
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For me it's results driven. True or false I also believe that the harder you push the greater the results. Thus I keep on carrying on even when in pain.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Pick something you enjoy doing.

And also incorporate it into your day. For example, I have to get to and from work every day, so I do a combination of bus and walking. Walking isn't a huge workout, but it gets me a bit active.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    At first I had a very strict schedule. I needed it to keep me going. A few months in and it's just habit now and I don't need the schedule. I get 3-4 workouts in a week out of pure habit now and actually can get a bit restless on rest days.

It's really about forming habits, not easy at first but once you get there very satisfying. Having fitness goals is a great tip too.