Which Activity Tracker (with heart rate monitor) ???

I've researched all the web comparison sites and now would like to hear it from the actual Users. I am a new member at MFP and keen to use a Tracker to assist. Heart rate monitor is essential and cost will have to be considered.

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited August 2015
    What do you hope to achieve with it, and what training do you do?

Why do you see a heart rate monitor as important to you and how do you anticipate using it?

You could also just search the forums, or briefly scan the first few pages and read all the other threads on the subject.

Also worth noting that few people making a reommendation will have broad experience, so all you'll get is a survey of what people have.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Fitbit Charge HR is US$150. When you connect your accounts and enable negative calorie adjustments, MFP
    adjusts your daily calorie goal to TDEE minus deficit. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • hob1986
    hob1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Pacer is very good but don't use gps it counts ur steps calories and miles
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    What type of exercise will you be doing, do you want to track your heart rate all day, or just during your workout?
  • techieflowerchild
    techieflowerchild Posts: 46 Member
    The Withings Pulse 02. a lot of people do not know about this company but they have been making incredible devices that measure BP/weight/activity/sleep/oxygen levels/etc since before people discovered fitbit. It is an AMAZING company. I had the original Pulse until I sprung for an Apple Watch. I still have the Withings BP cuff and my Withings scale. Like I said...an amazing company. Just my 2 cents.
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    I like my basis peak. It has a heart rate monitor and can be worn in the water. The only downside, it doesn't connect to MFP.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Withings Pulse 02. a lot of people do not know about this company but they have been making incredible devices that measure BP/weight/activity/sleep/oxygen levels/etc since before people discovered fitbit. It is an AMAZING company. I had the original Pulse until I sprung for an Apple Watch. I still have the Withings BP cuff and my Withings scale. Like I said...an amazing company. Just my 2 cents.

Seconded. I flirted with the Jawbone UP3 for a couple of weeks but sent it back because it gave inflated figures, which I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been wearing my Pulse 02 at the same time. I have the Withings BP cuff and Body Analyser too, and love love love their app and website.

ETA I also have a Polar HR monitor with chest strap, in case I ever manage to do steady state cardio.