Time to get serious

Options
robertw486
robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
Just wanted to post a quick introduction....

I've been ok on my fitness over the years, but tend to slack in the winter and gain weight. I'm looking to end that, and bring diet and nutrition more into the picture. At times I had physical jobs that allowed me to eat as desired and stay reasonably fit, but now my job is less physical.

I've dropped just shy of 20 lbs since the start of the year, and have about 13 more to goal weight. My plan is to keep burning off a little more fat, then start rebuilding some more muscle back again.

I also have to add that Endomondo was a big motivator for me. I started using it a couple years back, and seeing the fitness monsters my age and older made me realize that age shouldn't be an excuse to let myself go.

Long term my goal is to be as fit as I was when I left the Marine Corps 25 years ago. At one point I thought that was a lofty goal, but right now I think it's not that far away.

I do have some physical challenges as compared to my younger days. I've done some back damage over the years, and also have some rotator cuff issues that are less severe. Thankfully neither is to the point of major limitations.

I'm glad to see such a busy community here, and look forward to finding like minded friends for mutual motivation.