Options
    Everything is bad in abundance...

I think it's fine.

This.

I love it too, a whole lot.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I generally dislike coffee (think office coffee or black starbucks) but I can handle some different variations.

My favorites are: A light/medium roast coffee
    and these bad boys
    k2-_ae02d53b-a4f7-4b7b-b4b3-692446bfcf9c.v1.jpg

They are already preportioned so i just use 1 per cup coffee.
    And Sweet N'low (my preference is pink but i can do yellow)

It's a 30 cal cup of coffee. Sounds good to me.

I fit it into my calories, but they can add up fast! If you are okay with caffeine, and can fit it into your goals, no worries!
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking coffee for two reasons.
    1. Didn't want to waste calories on cream and sugar. I won't drink it any other way.
    2. I hate being addicted to it. Caffeine headaches are the worst. It is defiantly a drug to me.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Girl, there are 2 things I won't give up...Wine and coffee! As long as you don't have too much I think it's fine.I have recently reduced to having 1 cream and no sugar.

This. And also diet coke.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    You have to find your tolerance which is a good deal of genetics and tolerance. Honestly when I was at my physical peak I measured coffee intake by the pot, but working some long hours and needed the caffeine to keep me sharp. I drink 1 cup a day, usually in the morning. I have a Keurig and a french press and love tasting all the different blends people come up with.

I have a friend who is advancing the presence of the African coffee blends in the world market and he sends me some really great stuff - very potent flavor.
  • u_mujjy_bujjy
    u_mujjy_bujjy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Coffee is great, as long as you don't overdo it by drinking a million cups a day. Too much coffee can mess with your body's sensitivity to cortisol (the hormone that makes you feel alert).
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I pity the fool who would try to mess with my morning coffee!

That being said, I now only have one, and then drink water for the rest of the day.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If coffee is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

OP: when you have your coffee, make sure to log the cream and sugar you are using. Those calories can add up.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have given up plenty with my lifestyle change and I even tried to cut out coffee. What the hell was I thinking? Life is not worth living without out coffee. LOL Okay I may be being a bit dramatic here. I regress. I learned to love drinking my coffee black. I gave up the massive sugar and cream that I previously used. I allow myself coffee and water through out the day and nothing else to drink.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Coffee has many health benefits when consumed in moderation.

It doesn't dehydrate you. It does have a very slight diuretic effect, but not enough to counteract the water in the coffee (in other words, it won't cause you to have a net loss of fluid).

Just remember to log the calories.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I look forward to my morning hot coffee and my afternoon iced coffee, plus it helps me make it through until my next meal. If anyone tries to take away my coffee - they will get slapped.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    6ec8d17cf8ad66665a37f6d6e57017a2.jpg
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    HA HA. I love coffee also. I make a double cup and put 1 packet of stevia in it...sometimes i froth a bit of hot skim milk...mmmm.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee in the morning, not only for my sanity, but in the best interests of everyone around me. Starbucks house blend, brewed in my single cup machine, stevia packet, and either an international delight caramel macchiato creamer packet or a tablespoon of white chocolate mocha creamer. 30-40 calories and mama is happy.

Coffee is fine, barring any negative effects on the person, just make sure to log everything you put in, as those calories can add up quickly.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have made the decision that I will not give up my coffee and cream. I stopped drinking sodas, so that's my only caffeine source. I measure and log all the add ins, and I don't add cream after my second cup or so. This is a lifestyle I'll be living for quite a while, and I know that I cannot live without the coffee!
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Coffee is where I get half my potassium allowance!

Well, not half, but it does add up and I have a terrible time getting enough unless I eat potatoes at every meal. So, coffee it is.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It can stress your adrenals a little bit, really just the caffeine, so unless you have adrenal fatigue you are good to go.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine. I take mine with coconut milk (45 calories for a cup of coconut milk) And it's amazing.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would never give up my coffee. You would have to pry it from my cold fat dead fingers. I did however give up the sugar in the coffee. I now use sweetner.Still use the cream though,I am just better at measuring an actual teaspoon instead of pouring it all in there lol.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    TamLam99 wrote: »
    I love coffee. I look forward to my morning hot coffee and my afternoon iced coffee, plus it helps me make it through until my next meal. If anyone tries to take away my coffee - they will get slapped.

It helps me as well. Sometimes I get a feeling like hmm I want to eat something(though not really hungry). A cup of coffee usually satisfies me until the next meal.