steps result in negative calorie credit

I use Accupedo with MyFP. Steps recorded result in reduction of day's calories. If I expend energy exercising, should I not be consuming extra calories to make up daily requirement?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    It means your step goal is not reaching the activity level that you have MFP set at. What is yours set at, and how many steps do you get per day?
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »
    It means your step goal is not reaching the activity level that you have MFP set at. What is yours set at, and how many steps do you get per day?

Exactly. You should make some adjustments to your activity level settings here in MFP if you are consistently getting negative calorie adjustments.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    An open diary or screenshot of the calorie adjustment and the (i) explanation box might help. I suspect some apps have a sign convention problem.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited August 2015
    If you're going to use an exercise monitor to judge your estimated calorie expenditure,
    which will probably be more accurate than anything MFP can do,
    you should set your MFP level to 'inactive' and let the fitbit do all the work.

ETA:
    And you still shouldn't eat your exercise calories.
    Maybe once in a while, have up to 1/2 of them as a snack if you're really hungry at the
    end of the day, but think of exercise as a bonus toward weight loss.
    That's what my dietician & doctor (endocrinologist specializing in weight loss issues) told me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    tagMacher wrote: »
    I use Accupedo with MyFP. Steps recorded result in reduction of day's calories.

Click on the adjustment in your diary to see the math, but a negative calorie adjustment means you're burning even fewer calories than your MFP activity level (sedentary, lightly active, etc.).