Workout plans for weight gain

Options
Finding it really hard to find workout plans that don't centre around cardio and losing weight as I want to be putting on muscle and toning but also trying to put on weight as I'm currently underweight and look very skinny

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Beginners lifting program with progressive overload for muscle building
    -stronglifts 5x5
    - starting strength
    - New rules of lifting for women
    - Strong curves

But long story short, no amount of exercise will ever make you gain weight. Only eating on a calorie surplus does.
    Weightlifting will help in the sense that you will gain both muscle and fat rather than just fat.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Any of the strength programs recommended regularly work for gaining as well as losing. The difference is that you will need to eat more--higher than maintenance. Here are several programs you can check out. I think I have a few linked in my profile but you can Google them too:
    - Strong Curves
    - All Pro's Simple Beginner Plan
    - ICF 5x5
    - Stronglifts 5x5
    - 531 beginner
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Actually I am already overweight so I can't give you suggestion on gaining weight but yes, I can tell rest of people that how to reduce weight. I reduced using Slimming Supplements and I want to all people who are failing again and again in reducing weight, they should try this for sure.

Thanks,
    Christina

Uh no, SMH.