The dress countdown has begun! (Encouragement needed)

2»

Replies

• Gretchen_To_Be
    Gretchen_To_Be Posts: 99 Member
    Believe me, I have my own image issues, but like you I've found that a new pair of heels always looks good! The ones in your pic are very pretty but not my cup of tea. I'd have to see them with the dress to give a proper opinion, though.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    ghoti_fish wrote: »
    shibumicd wrote: »
    It's not stupid at all! I have some dresses that are too small and they are motivation to me to work out. 33 days is a long time! You can lose 15 lbs easy in that time. My deadline is mid-October, when I booked a makeover. It's a very pretty dress, BTW. What kind of heels will you wear with it?

I have many shoes to choose from! Being overweight for a long time I am a strong believer in "you're never too fat for a new pair of heels!" These are (some of) my favourite selection for this dress:f9ykartyjv7g.jpg
    It also depends on what size my feet are, it varies a lot!

UK people: the dress is from an online company called Elsie's attic. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

I like the navy ones :) But the red ones could be really cute with that dress too!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    You CAN do it! The dress is adorable and you are sooooooo close! (I vote for the red shoes)... watch the calories. .make healthy choices when the hubby takes you to lunch!!! And yes, please post pics on the wedding day of how lovely you look!!
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Success!
    The wedding was yesterday, there is a LOT of scaffolding going on to fit me into it with minimal lumps and bumps but.... I did wear the dress I bought in a size too small!
    iyadfbstax6d.jpg
    hcbcw36fuyjz.jpg
    Excuse the mess in the second pic - its the post getting ready chaos!
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Just to add: I am around 7lbs lighter between the 2 sets of pictures and have continued with my lifting and gym visits, have been eating an average of 1800 calories a day (total not net) and feeling pretty happy with how my lifestyle change is going - managed to keep it up despite stressful times at work and feeling a bit poorly lately.
    So yesterday was the icing on the cake, to wear the dress which I didn't think I could - even that morning I had a different dress picked out!
    Oh! And I wore the red/purple shoes
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    You look fab!! (The red and purple shoes would have been my pick too :))