Family

Options
I'm staying with my grand parents for a week and they are concerned that I'm getting to skinny and that I'm not eating enough... However I'm at the top of my healthy weight range for my height ( I'm 5'7 and weigh160). I'm trying to eat what they cook but in smaller amounts but they always pile my plate up and get all worried when I don't finish ... How do I explain to them that what I'm doing is healthy and that I'm still trying to watch what I eat and want to lose more weight. I've had a rough 2 weeks in my diet lately so I'm trying to get back on track so I can keep losing weight any advice? They care about my health but they are being a tad dramatic they like watch me like a hawk while I eat and give me more food than they put on their plate and expect me to finish it. How can I get them to lay off a bit while still being polite

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    If you can't just tell them, then another solution is to eat at maintenance. You won't lose weight, and it is only 1 week.
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    How old are you?
    I'm 18
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Mandi98U wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    How old are you?
    I'm 18

Okay, still too young to tell them to mind their own business. You're going to have to make adjustments and try to eat at maintenance.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    hmm your profile says 19...my mistake.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your time with your grandparents who love you. Eat a little more to make them happy. It's one week of your life.

When they're dead and gone, you'll be glad you did something to ease their minds. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just stick to your guns, keep telling them why you're only eating what you're eating. The food is not a big deal, but communication is.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    These conversations are never about food. Your grandparents are concerned about you in other matters. Talk to them.