not losing at all

Options
So I had a baby abt 11months back...after 6 wks i started working out again..and it's now 10 months later..and i have not lost weight..maybe 3-5pds but that is it and i workout like a mad woman, treadmill incline 15 walking it 6.8 i try to run but then my knees and back hurt like crazy the next day. this is my third child and i am NOT losing!!:( i workout for an hr and a half 6x a week, doing strength training 3x a week..plus cardio, so 45-50mins cardio and then 40 mins strength training. clothes are fitting better but the scale does not budge and it was NEVER like this with my two other kids. I have tried the green coffee bean did nothing, i am now taking this apple cider vinegar pill before each meal..but havent noticed much of a difference and i eat within my calories, actually less..i am supposed to eat 1600 a day but i eat anywhere btwn 14-1500 calories and i try to walk for half an hr at night as well. WHY am i not losing and wondering if any other moms r having this stressful issue. THANKS

Replies

• akmalali
    akmalali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it may be because your lean body mass is increasing and your body fat percentage is decreasing, therefore it seems like your not losing any weight. you could create a greater caloric deficit with your diet
  • Squirrelly714
    Squirrelly714 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't get enough energy (calories) to sustain itself, your body can actually hold onto every bit of energy you do give it. In other words, it thinks it's starved, so it won't let go of anything. You've really got quite a work-out plan and you're probably burning some serious calories. A good sign is that your clothes are fitting better. It sounds self-defeating, but try eating more healthy calories you're not currently eating. See if your doctor can refer you to a professional nutritionist to help with a formula to get you on track. Remember, too, it's not just about the numbers on the scale; your blood pressure, cholesterol (good and bad), heart rate, liver function and so on...all these are non-visble indicators of your health as well.
  • sadsb
    sadsb Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks so now i am increasing my calorie intake. it seems ridiculous to me but i am hoping this will make that darn scale budge..i have also started running as of this week and riding my bike around:))) so hopefully these changes will pay off. Thanks:0
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Did increasing your calories help?
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    If you are breast feeding, or recently stopped, this could be part of the cause. You burn calories breast feeding and you may not be eating enough.