Good follow up to insanity max 30

im almost finished with my 3rd round of insanity max 30 and am looking for a good follow up program. I like total body workouts to incorporate weights and resistance with cardio in the mix. Still want a good calorie burn like I've been getting with max 30! Any recommendations?

Note: I have tried p90x and p90x3 and didn't care for either. I felt the workouts were slow paced with all the talking in between sets. Tried insanity asylum but didn't like the agility type exercises (I tripped over my own feet!)

Replies

• Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Max30 is a tough act to follow. I just finished my second round. I feel it is the perfect workout routine. I am moving on to asylum vol 2 because I am focusing on muscle building over cardio. You might want to take a look at Tapout xt .
  • Sharonabel1
    Sharonabel1 Posts: 1 Member
    I thought P90x3 was too slow also so I just double up and do a p90x3 plus an insanity max:30. I'm in month 2 and it's been great- perfect blend.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    I'd suggest going to full on Insanity then. I know you said you tried Asylum and didn't like it but the original Insanity is much better structured. Has some great full body workouts like you said you like. Pure cardio is my all time favorite go to video. Max 30 was basically a compressed version of the original Insanity for people that couldn't afford the 40-50 minutes a day the original videos are. So if time isn't a constraint I think it would be a great next step for you.
  • AnnElizabethKate
    AnnElizabethKate Posts: 24 Member
    i finished max30 in december and have now started Hammer & Chisel. Best follow up ever. It's insane crazy. Im in a challenge group for it and my friends been doing it for 2 weeks now and has already seen results. Your guaranteed to get amazing results from the program. Or if you haven't, try body beast. I was doing a hybrid of max30 & body beast, but got H&C and so glad I did!
  • tracyc23
    tracyc23 Posts: 1 Member
    can anyone tell me how many calories you burn roughly on insanity. I have been doing it for 2 weeks now but never note my excercis on my fitness pal because it isn't listed.
  • danayoung18
    danayoung18 Posts: 6 Member
    I absolutely love it! I got pretty sick before I finished my last round but it gave me some time to look around. I've thought about tapout cut, definitely will check out. I found s Jillian michaels workout I'm enjoying: ripped in 30. I like how cardio and strength with weights is incorporated.

I looked at daily burn but a lot of their workouts have no variety! One was a workout consisting of 3 moves repeated for 4 or so rounds. Worked up a good sweat but got
    tracyc23 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how many calories you burn roughly on insanity. I have been doing it for 2 weeks now but never note my excercis on my fitness pal because it isn't listed.

• danayoung18
    I use a heart rate monitor to get an idea, just one you wear on the wrist, doesn't have to be a Fitbit. My workouts range from 550-700 calories, depends on how often you modify and/or max out
  • danayoung18
    i finished max30 in december and have now started Hammer & Chisel. Best follow up ever. It's insane crazy. Im in a challenge group for it and my friends been doing it for 2 weeks now and has already seen results. Your guaranteed to get amazing results from the program. Or if you haven't, try body beast. I was doing a hybrid of max30 & body beast, but got H&C and so glad I did!

I'm currently doing a mix of h&c plus max 30, I love both of them! On days where I've consumed more food and need a greater calorie burn, I'll do a max 30 workout. And then I'll try to alternate between the 2 so I get a good mix of cardio/strength for the week. I love to eat, that's my downfall!

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    I use a heart rate monitor to get an idea, just one you wear on the wrist, doesn't have to be a Fitbit. My workouts range from 550-700 calories, depends on how often you modify and/or max out

That's a little high even if you were going full out. HRM calorie burn readings aren't very good at measuring HIIT or Circuit type workouts. They are more accurate on steady state. For a 40-60 minute Insanity vid you're more then likely in the 450-500 cal burn range. For Insanity Max 30 it's more then likely in the 300-350 range. It's all approximates but I would err on the conservative side and log the burns at the lower end. Or use the number the HRM is giving you but only eat back half.