Average weight for 5'1

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    I'm 5'1", and 107 lbs currently. I'm not sure of my measurements though. 98 lbs is little. I've gotten that low before, but didn't do it healthfully. I'm ok where I'm at, but wouldn't mind dropping to a maintenance of 101-105 lbs. However I really like beer, donuts, and ice cream and that seems to be hindering my downward progression. lol
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    yogacat13 wrote: »
    I'm 5'1" and have big boobs (currently 34E). I feel best around 125 or so, which if I recall correctly was 38-27-38. If I get much thinner than that, people around me start to worry, and rightfully so.

re: the bold - why do they "rightfully so" worry about you? 5'1" and weighing less than 125 lbs isn't that small. On me, at 5'1", 125 lbs looks quite chunky.
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm 5'1" and have big boobs (currently 34E). I feel best around 125 or so, which if I recall correctly was 38-27-38. If I get much thinner than that, people around me start to worry, and rightfully so.

re: the bold - why do they "rightfully so" worry about you? 5'1" and weighing less than 125 lbs isn't that small. On me, at 5'1", 125 lbs looks quite chunky.

Because I have very large breasts, which do not get smaller when I lose weight, muscular legs and a large frame (6" wrist), my face and arms get gaunt and I start to look unwell, which causes my family concern. 125 may look chunky on you, but on me, it looks fine, in part because several pounds of it is boobs. This is the whole point of there being a range of healthy weights, to account for frame sizes and body types differing. Normal healthy weight for women our size ranges from 98 to 132 pounds. Where in that range you feel and look your best will differ from person to person.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member

Because I have very large breasts, which do not get smaller when I lose weight, muscular legs and a large frame (6" wrist), my face and arms get gaunt and I start to look unwell, which causes my family concern. 125 may look chunky on you, but on me, it looks fine, in part because several pounds of it is boobs. This is the whole point of there being a range of healthy weights, to account for frame sizes and body types differing. Normal healthy weight for women our size ranges from 98 to 132 pounds. Where in that range you feel and look your best will differ from person to person.

This is me too. I'm barely 5'2 but my frame is just not petite. My wrists are bony but are 6" around. I have huge boobs and not insignificant muscle. People have been genuinely shocked when I tell them what I weigh because it just doesn't look like that. I'm considering getting a DEXA scan just to confirm what range I should really be aiming for. I'm more focused on the measurements and body composition anyway.
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/ I'm a little taller (5'2") [I never thought I'd get to say I was taller than anyone... ever!] but I use this website to view what people with my ideal body weight look like. I'm sort of a pear/hourglass combination. I'm an hourglass when I'm <160, but I'm a pear when I'm heavier. I think the fat just runs out of space on my top half, so it has to go down farther.

http://www.superskinnyme.com/ideal_weight_calculator.html I also used this one to find that my ideal weight is between 128 - 143, because I have a large frame. It's not exact, but I like my quirky little tools anyways.

I find this really interesting. People carry their weight so differently. When I look at the gallery of people who have my stats they all look quite different.
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    I am barely 5'1 and 101 lbs , I used to be at 97 lbs and wish I could reach this weight again
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    @oh_happy_day I've noticed the same thing. I look at people with similar stats to me now and I feel like I look so different shaped. Many of them have larger stomachs, and mine only has a little fat left that I need to get rid of. It's weird how people who have the same height, weight, and in some cases pant sizes, can look so different from one another.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    I am 4'11" and currently 110 aiming for 105. At 4'11" I was 95 lbs many years ago and I was too skinny. I looked like I had cancer and to maintain I had to workout 2 hours and eat 1 small meal a day.
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    I am 5'1 and am currently fluctuating between 117/118. I am going for the maintance range of my weight to be 115-120. I am happy with the weight i am now and feel good, so not looking to go below 115. I wear size xs pants (or size 4 petite) and am wearing small/ medium (comfy) shirts. it all depends on how clothes are made. LOL
  • shawleerenae
    shawleerenae Posts: 14 Member
    5'1, 20 years. I'm currently 105 but I just had a baby four months ago. Breastfeeding so not dieting. I feel most comfortable whenever I'm in shape, don't really care about the number. I just want to be toned.
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    5'1 and somewhere around 101-102-103 (???? haven't weighed myself in a long time because of stress issues, i'm on maintenance anyway. i haven't noticed much of a change in the mirror so i'm not worrying though.) I'm pretty damn muscular everywhere (the only thing i don't have is a 6 pack of particularly defined abs, but the rest is smokin hot), so it might not look the same as another 102 lbs girl my height.
    Goal would be 100 i guess, but i couldn't know, never been there. And plus i like to eat lots ever since i got on maintenance so i don't wanna eat a large deficit all the time anymore...so *IF* it comes off it will be by exercice and more exercice or something, but i'm not stressing over it. Plus, being at lower than 100 is very high maintenance since your daily calorie needs will always be suuuper low even with an active lifestyle. it's already hard for me being strict with my calories, eating only 1700 occasionally 1800 (apparently i need 2000 but im way scared to go up that much), so i can't imagine lower tha that haha!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    5'1 and somewhere around 101-102-103 (???? haven't weighed myself in a long time because of stress issues, i'm on maintenance anyway. i haven't noticed much of a change in the mirror so i'm not worrying though.) I'm pretty damn muscular everywhere (the only thing i don't have is a 6 pack of particularly defined abs, but the rest is smokin hot), so it might not look the same as another 102 lbs girl my height.
    Goal would be 100 i guess, but i couldn't know, never been there. And plus i like to eat lots ever since i got on maintenance so i don't wanna eat a large deficit all the time anymore...so *IF* it comes off it will be by exercice and more exercice or something, but i'm not stressing over it. Plus, being at lower than 100 is very high maintenance since your daily calorie needs will always be suuuper low even with an active lifestyle. it's already hard for me being strict with my calories, eating only 1700 occasionally 1800 (apparently i need 2000 but im way scared to go up that much), so i can't imagine lower tha that haha!

I'm 5'3 and maintain between 97-99 eating between 1600-2000 calories on most days, I would not consider that to be super low calorie. /shrug
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    hekla90 wrote: »

I'm 5'3 and maintain between 97-99 eating between 1600-2000 calories on most days, I would not consider that to be super low calorie. /shrug

woah I always thought it would be a lot stricter than that...how active are you though? I mean, your range is what *I* can have to maintain and at 1800 it's still pretty damn on the edge i think (i feel bloated the next day), so i can't imagine if i was at a lower weight and eating more, pretty sure I'd gain...but i guess i can't assume anything before i've tried. it's just scary to take risks n stuff.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I am 5'1" and 112 lbs. I am 54 yrs old and have no desire to be smaller. I think I would look frail and ill. I am large chested and I think with less weight I would look like I would fall forward. My measurements currently are 36/26.5/35.

Wow you look amazing for 54
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    I'm 5', currently 106 lbs. and trying to get to 90 lbs.

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    5' 1/2" and 108.8 pounds, but want to get to 105 because of some minor body fat. I'm pretty musclar, though, so the recomp may take a while. My waist is 24".
  • domidatt
    domidatt Posts: 28 Member
    I am 5'1 and I'm 80lbs, i am trying to gain muscle mass
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    hekla90 wrote: »

woah I always thought it would be a lot stricter than that...how active are you though? I mean, your range is what *I* can have to maintain and at 1800 it's still pretty damn on the edge i think (i feel bloated the next day), so i can't imagine if i was at a lower weight and eating more, pretty sure I'd gain...but i guess i can't assume anything before i've tried. it's just scary to take risks n stuff.

I run 2-3 miles at the gym on days I don't work and try to lift weights for about 30-45 minutes. On days I work sometimes I'll go to the gym, but I work nights on an ICU so it's hit or miss whether I go. My job is very active lots of walking and lifting. Sometimes I do yoga or something similar.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited August 2015
    My mother is 5'1" and small framed, she looks best at 105-110lbs. I'm 4'11" and large framed and look best around 120-130lbs.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I'm 107-108 and feel pretty good here. I saw 104,9 one time but I wasnt able to maintain it... my body had enough of dieting, so this is where I'm at lol
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    I'm 5'1, and after losing 68 pounds I maintained at 110 for about 6 months. I was at 18-20% body fat. I then went through some stressful stuff, went back to old eating habits, and now am 125. I would like to get back to the 110-115 range, I felt really good at that weight. But, for now, I am focusing on fitness (resistance training mostly), and I think I will focus on losing the weight in a couple of months when (hopefully) things calm down in my life.