ho to keep the weight off!!!!

Options
Hi if been doing the 1200 calories I'm 5'1 started at 185 been doing it for 6/7 days now my goal is 145 for the moment lol I've lost 5 lbs so far

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

It's been a few days, you've lost initial water weight, you may have another 5lbs in water to go then it will slow down.

You need to judge over rolling 6-8 weeks

I think your question is a little premature but the answer is
    Get to 145

Then keep logging
  • ashleyablantonab
    ashleyablantonab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thats kinda the plan but my fear is with any other diet iv done I'd lose the weight and as soon as I reached my goal within a matter of a few weeks or months I'd gain it right back
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Thats kinda the plan but my fear is with any other diet iv done I'd lose the weight and as soon as I reached my goal within a matter of a few weeks or months I'd gain it right back

So plan for maintenance
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Learn good habits now then rather than focus on crash dieting for the short term.
    Then maintenance just means continuing the good habits you have learned but with a higher calorie allowance.

Think ahead to next year and not next week.
  • ashleyablantonab
    Options
    Do I just stay at 1200 cals or do I adjust for the weight diff this is the first weight loss deal iv core across that I feel confident about and when (not if Lol) when I reach my goal I don't wanna go back
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Do I just stay at 1200 cals or do I adjust for the weight diff this is the first weight loss deal iv core across that I feel confident about and when (not if Lol) when I reach my goal I don't wanna go back

1200 is the floor

Start moving more
  • ashleyablantonab
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Learn good habits now then rather than focus on crash dieting for the short term.
    Then maintenance just means continuing the good habits you have learned but with a higher calorie allowance.

Think ahead to next year and not next week.

Do I need to keep this app and keep logging in after I hit my goal?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Need to ...no

Want to...yes

I do
    Si does
    Lots of successful keep logging
  • ashleyablantonab
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

1200 is the floor

Start moving more
    Need to ...no

Want to...yes

I do
    Si does

The it's hard I'm a stay at home mom with a special child so my activities are kinda limited
  • ashleyablantonab
    Options

1200 is the floor

Start moving more
    Need to ...no

Want to...yes

I do
    Si does

The it's hard I'm a stay at home mom with a special child so my activities are kinda limited

Thx *
  • Sued0nim
    Options

1200 is the floor

Start moving more
    Need to ...no

Want to...yes

I do
    Si does

Get out and walk if possible

Do exercise videos

Walk up and down the stairs

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

We all have reasons it's hard, don't turn them into excuses
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Tbh the exercise is for health and to give you more calories

You lose weight through your diet (ie eating plan)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

1200 is the floor

Start moving more
    Need to ...no

Want to...yes

I do
    Si does

Yes that's hard for sure.

It's also hard to be 55 with a damaged back and knees, working a full time job and running your own business as well, and, and, and......
    I used my restrictions as an excuse for 20 years until I looked in the mirror one day and realised none of those factors made me eat too much.

For losing and then maintaining your weight simply eating the correct amount of food is both by far the biggest factor and the greatest challenge.

Activity helps and building activity into your everyday life is a great habit to learn for a healthy life.