hello- i'm new

angelicangels
angelicangels Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
hello' i am new to this site. i had gastric bypass on 9-7-2007. i found this site to be helpful for me to keep track of what i eat, my excercise and my progress. i have 95lbs left to lose and know i can do it! i have lost 20lbs since my surgery. i lost 22lbs prior to surgery to qualify. i am married with 2 grown sons and am a family childcare provider. i have been very happily married for 28 years! my husband is my biggest support tool. we have dogs and birds and fish.anyone else out there have gastric bypass? thanks angelicangels

Replies

• hello' i am new to this site. i had gastric bypass on 9-7-2007. i found this site to be helpful for me to keep track of what i eat, my excercise and my progress. i have 95lbs left to lose and know i can do it! i have lost 20lbs since my surgery. i lost 22lbs prior to surgery to qualify. i am married with 2 grown sons and am a family childcare provider. i have been very happily married for 28 years! my husband is my biggest support tool. we have dogs and birds and fish.anyone else out there have gastric bypass? thanks angelicangels
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I have not had surgery but wow how brave to do that. Hope things continue to go well for you and welcome to the site.

Eve
  • THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS.I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING NEW FRIENDS. EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE SURGERY WE ALL HAVE TWO THINGS IN COMMON- DIET AND EXERCISE. THE SURGERY WAS A TOOL FOR ME BUT I STILL HAVE TO WORK TO GET WEIGHT OFF. I HAD TO DO IT DUE TO HEALTH PROBLEMS.I AM 4 WEEKS POST OP AND READY TO GET THINGS MOVING TOWARDS THE NEW ME! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. ANGELICANGELS
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    angelicangels,

No cats?? My workout partner, Budhi (the kitty pictured here), and I want to welcome you to MFP. He has a "pet stroller" that is his only access to the outside world other than windowsills. He loves it and I load it up with extra weight in the storage area so I have to work harder to make that m.p.h. on my walks. Meanwhile, he gets to ride in style......That's more like me being his servant.....hey...wait a minute......Now I know why you don't have a cat. I live to serve my four-pawed children!

I've lost 12 pounds since August 22. I need to lose 25 more. I just joined a really nice gym yesterday. I can't wait to get my first training session on Monday.
    We all are here for you, angelicangels.

~cm
This discussion has been closed.