Small meal ideas please!

Options
2»

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Green Giant has the Valley Fresh Steamers in the Frozen Foods section at the Grocery Store. They have tons to choose from like Broccolie & Cheese, Broccoli & Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cheese & Rice, etc.....you get the idea. 6-7 minutes in the microwave and you are eating your veggies!
  • forbesn
    forbesn Posts: 5
    Options
    So many good ideas :) Tagging for later!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    These are more like snacks but just to give you some ideas:

- Reduced fat Triscuits with slices of avocado and a TINY bit of salt (technically a fruit *shrug*)
    - Reduced fat Triscuits with a dollop of tuna and a squirt of mustard
    - Reduced fat Triscuits with slices of red bell pepper and a squirt of fat free Ranch (yummmy combination!!)
    - Celery with cream cheese
    - Celery with peanut butter
    - Carrots with peanut butter
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Bump O Matic!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Amazing ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Bump it up Bump it up Bump it up Now!! :laugh:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I like to mix canned tuna with laughing cow cheese (sometimes I put a little curry powder in it ) and eat it with red pepper slices, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, etc.
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    Anyone mention soup ? If not, soup. Comes in all shapes, flavours and forms. Read the labels or make your own.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great ideas!

I do like salad for those of you who asked - I'm just relatively lazy about making my food for the day, something I'm forever working on.

I'm really excited about all of these ideas! Thanks so much this is great! I hope other people are getting as much from this as I am!

:flowerforyou: I love MFP peeps!

I'm lazy about making my food too, but here are some tips that I have adopted that help a lot:

- Plan 1-2 meal options per meal and 1-2 snack options for the week ahead
    - Friday: Shop for groceries
    - Saturday or Sunday: Do all food prep for the week
    *Wash and cut up all veggies, place into storage containers and put in the fridge
    *Portion out meat needed for recipes, cook anything that can be cooked ahead
    *Wash and portion out fruits into ziploc bags and freeze (you can take them out in the morning to thaw or use them frozen for a quick smoothie in the morning
    *Prepare all snacks and pack them up for the week to take to work (portion out fruit/nuts, deli meats, etc. into baggies)

Luckily, I have a full breakroom pretty much all to myself at work, so I take my lunches and snacks for the whole week to work on Monday so that I have everything handy. I usually do sandwiches or wraps, something easy, and just take whole packages of deli meats, cheeses, bagels, etc. with me and leave them there, but if that's not an option you could prepare them at the first of the week so you can just grab them and go. I've found that if I don't do this then during the week I either don't have time to make my lunch/snacks in the morning or I forget to take them to work and then I wind up eating out.

I like to do as much work as possible on the weekends that way during the week I can grab and go or whip up a quick meal after work.
  • BeeZoe
    BeeZoe Posts: 37
    Options
    Couple of favorites of mine : WW tortilla with no salt no sugar peanut butter, small banana, a toss of sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey
    apples and peanut butter
    If you want something interesting and veggie based do mashed potatoes but with cauliflower! Boil it, mash it with a good butter/margerine substitute and a little sea salt and pepper and it tastes just like mashed potatoes, no lie :)
    Oh, also ff ham slices wrapped around asparagus and ff cream cheese.