Growing a bigger booty and thighs

2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Kexessa wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Kexessa wrote: »
    Rollerblade 3-4 times a week. You'll be surprised how it changes the muscles in your body. Almost as many calories burned as running and far more fun. Also extremely low impact on joints comparable to walking.

I don't understand how rollerblading 3-4 times a week is applicable to someone trying to run a bulk....all that is going to do is cause OP's calorie burn to increase, which means she will have to eat more to sustain a surplus. OP only needs about 20-30 minutes a week of moderate cardio when bulking, if that.

When you rollerblade you are in a semi squat the whole time. And you are working all your muscles, even the obliques. Not so much your arms though. But from the muscles along the spine (can't remember what they are called) to your toes, every single one is being worked. To push off, maintain momentum, keep you upright, jumping over obstacles. When you jump you are in a full squat. My quads, calves, butt, hamstrings have all become larger and more defined and I'm not even trying for that. Although it's a nice side benefit. I'm almost 50 years old and my legs and rear have never looked better.

Inline skating is more than just cardio. That's my experience. YMMW.

Yea but you aren't providing progressive overload while roller blading. And more muscular endurance. And it would not be nearly as effective as squats, DL or lunge with weights. Dont get me wrong, while playing ice hockey and soccer i have strong legs but even when i did those, we lifted because you have a lot of limitations.

Also, doing cardio intensive exercise while bulking is only going to increase calorie expenditure which will cause the OP to significantly increase intake which is hard for a lot of people.

What i generally say, train smarter not harder.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    does strong curves incorporate deads??? I thought it did, which is why I suggested it for OP.

Definitely does.
    I just did Romanian Dumbbell deads on Monday as part of my SC program