What are YOUR goals?!

Options
Sometimes I think just to spit it out is a great way to keep your eye on the prize! So what is everyones goals?
My long term goal is to weigh 130 lbs, be running races and just looking/feeling good! B)

Replies

• amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Get down to about 120 and stay there!!
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My goal is build muscle and not think to much about the scale
  • BeccaKay96
    BeccaKay96 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yay! You can do it!!
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to get down in the 150's by my birthday in November and my long term goal is to be around 110-115 by next April. Basically, I want to be able to kick a little butt if I have to, lol! :)
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130lbs and be more fit and active with my kids. I try not to focus only on the scale so I've been taking my measurements as well and I love seeing the numbers get smaller!
  • AMYSHAH
    AMYSHAH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to build a stronger body!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    move from a cat V to cat IV which means I need to start participating in more actual USAC events rather than charity stuff and fun stuff like Day of the Tread and whatnot.

body weight snatch

1.5x body weight clean and jerk
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy, but I don't have any... I'm doing this with a nutritionist, and a trainer. Both suggested not to have goals, just do it. The nutritionist checks my health, sugar levels, body fat etc, my trainer my fitness progress and in the end I'm not worried.

Sometimes we get a bit obsessed with the whole thing, goals are useful, but not for all.

Running races is a great goal, because you can measure it without going crazy about it... :) you can do this!
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Goal 1: reach 135 by my first marathon (in 4 weeks!)
    Goal 2: post-race keep working to get to 125 and maintain a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I want to be healthy!!! It all begins and ends there. If it meant being 400 pounds, I'd start eating donuts right now. It's not about how I look, primarily, but about being healthy.

Fun stuff that comes with it - being thin, looking better. I'm eager to get into a size 8 as I literally don't remember wearing a single digit size. It had to be the 1970s, last time I was in a single digit clothing item.

Also, I can't wait to hit the 100 pounds lost mark. I have to wait because it's a bit of a ways off, but that's going to be awesome.

I tried running and my joints started hurting, so I decided to put it off until I was like 140-145 pounds. I'm kind of hoping to be able to run a 5K.
  • BeccaKay96
    Options
    pili90 wrote: »
    This might sound crazy, but I don't have any... I'm doing this with a nutritionist, and a trainer. Both suggested not to have goals, just do it. The nutritionist checks my health, sugar levels, body fat etc, my trainer my fitness progress and in the end I'm not worried.

Sometimes we get a bit obsessed with the whole thing, goals are useful, but not for all.

Running races is a great goal, because you can measure it without going crazy about it... :) you can do this!

I love that! Not everyone makes progress the same way and I think everyone should do whatever works for them best!
  • BeccaKay96
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I want to be healthy!!! It all begins and ends there. If it meant being 400 pounds, I'd start eating donuts right now. It's not about how I look, primarily, but about being healthy.

Fun stuff that comes with it - being thin, looking better. I'm eager to get into a size 8 as I literally don't remember wearing a single digit size. It had to be the 1970s, last time I was in a single digit clothing item.

Also, I can't wait to hit the 100 pounds lost mark. I have to wait because it's a bit of a ways off, but that's going to be awesome.

I tried running and my joints started hurting, so I decided to put it off until I was like 140-145 pounds. I'm kind of hoping to be able to run a 5K.

A 5k will be the best thing you do! I was not big on running until my first 5k and I cannot get enough of running since!!! Love the goals keep it up!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 124. and i need to lower my cholesterol!
  • CutieSD5385
    CutieSD5385 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose the last 3lbs on my originally goal. Stick with the 90 day challenge at the gym and lose more body fat and get with in a healthy body fat percentage. Build more muscles and run 2 more 5ks by February next year

To those you've posted your goals. Good luck! We all have this, just need to stay motivated; find a support system to keeps us accountable and know there is ups and down to this struggle. And above all stay positive no matter what the scale says keep moving forward it will happen.
    Add me if you need motivation I keep my post positive and encourage others!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Be 150# in 5 weeks. Be 140# by the end of this year. Achievable?
    giphy.gif
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down into my healthy BMI range (about 120-125 lbs), then work on building muscle and getting my body fat % down a bit. I'm in a wedding next year and I plan on looking fabulous! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    To be stronger.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to drop a few more pounds after sitting around in maintenance for a few months. I want to get lean enough to hopefully start a bulk at the beginning of November.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    To get faster and stronger and be more consistent with my diet. Also want quads of steel. lol
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Get tight and stronger. Loose 44 lbs. (already did 53) Fit in a sz 6-8 and feel sexy again. Feel fit and confident again. To be proud of myself and my choices. To be able to do a spartan race. To be able to run without too much effort. To get in a gym and lift the weights I don't have at home!