Hello and Help

Options
MrsM0053
MrsM0053 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone. I am new here and desperately need some help. First off - I have been a wellness coach and am very well versed in exercise, nutrition, quitting smoking - you know the healthy things in life. But I struggle with my own goals.

Second - I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 2 years ago but have recently been in remission for about 9 months and counting. Which is great!

But here is/are my issue(s). My husband and I have decided to try to conceive our first child so I have been slowly (with physician's guidance) coming off medications. Some of these meds helped with energy and appetite suppression. Also, around 2 months ago I decided to become a vegetarian (or anti-inflammatory diet). But I have gained about 10 lbs in about a month. I can't wear my clothes, feel very frustrated and just don't know what to do with myself.

I have been coming off meds since March 2013 and finally stopped the last med about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have any experience with this and are there any suggestions or recommendations for the vegetarian diet? I am hoping that with some friends and support I can continue to be healthy - and achieve the goal of losing the weight that I have gained.

The whole point of me coming off the meds was to conceive - but it is hard to do when you feel so unattractive. Defeats the purpose :wink: