belly

Options
looking for some help

i weigh 130lb
25% body fat

but i cant get rid of the belly ... i wouldnt mind it so much but i have this line ... where my jeans button ... i would love to be able to get in a bikini for summer ( if it ever happens) ... its not bloated ive managed to control that it just pure fat !!!

does any one have any advice on how to get it down ... i dont want a sick pack or an ironing board ( ok i do !!) but just something to get rid ?

am doing insanity ... in week 3 4 days
am eating 1200 calories

Replies

• sexymuffintop
    Options
    Eat more than 1200 for a start. Strength train. Keep a deficit until you achieve the look you want. It's all in your diet really, you don't need to eat so little to achieve fat loss. If you want a toned flat stomach you would benefit from lifting weights. You can't stop reduce a certain area, you just have to be patient with it, the body will release fat from where it sees fit.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Insanity comes with a nutrition guide, right? I'm betting it didn't tell you to eat 1200 calories.
  • sallystevenson1
    Options
    i was working off MFP ... Insanity calorie amount scared me to be honest it recommend double ... am not a big eater any way ... i can go all day without food ( which is why i forced my self to MFP) Do you think if i eat 2400 calories i will lose the belly ? am scared i will put weight on ... it so hard to get off
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    i was working off MFP ... Insanity calorie amount scared me to be honest it recommend double ... am not a big eater any way ... i can go all day without food ( which is why i forced my self to MFP) Do you think if i eat 2400 calories i will lose the belly ? am scared i will put weight on ... it so hard to get off

Well, at 1200 calories I'd be worried you're going to lose some muscle along with the fat. The body can only break down so much fat at one time. When it can't get the energy it needs to keep you alive it will also go after some of your muscle. That's why healthy weight loss is slow weight loss. It's also why slow weight loss gives us the body shape you want at the end. At the very least I think you should be logging your exercising and eating 50-75% of the extra calories you earn.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Eating too much simple carbohydrates and sugars cause belly fat. There is a simple solution,

1. Eat clean - eat lots of veg, meat, pulses and low gi fruit. Look into The Zone "diet", its how many athletes and crossfit people eat.
    2. Lift heavy along with short bursts of high intensity cardio - will really ramp up your body's fat burning capabilities.
    3. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day and another litre for every hour you exercise.
    4. Be consistent. Do this 6.5 days a week and YOU WILL see results. Do this 4/5 days a week, and you probably wont.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough actually hurts you if you are trying to lose weight. Yes, you will get thin by starvation, but you will not reap the benefits you are putting in by working out (no wash board stomach). Log your workouts on MFP to start and replenish calories as it recommends. You'll lose that belly in no time!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Eating too much simple carbohydrates and sugars cause belly fat. There is a simple solution,

1. Eat clean - eat lots of veg, meat, pulses and low gi fruit. Look into The Zone "diet", its how many athletes and crossfit people eat.
    2. Lift heavy along with short bursts of high intensity cardio - will really ramp up your body's fat burning capabilities.
    3. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day and another litre for every hour you exercise.
    4. Be consistent. Do this 6.5 days a week and YOU WILL see results. Do this 4/5 days a week, and you probably wont.

Theres no particular food type that causes belly fat. Eating an excess of calories for your body's needs creates body fat. Your body chooses where to put that fat. You cannot blame a certain food type for belly fat.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

This is true!! (she does not mean to lift every day btw!)

Cutting REFINED carbs and sugar does wonders for your body. (Eat complex carbs...not simple.)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm currently fighting the same problem!

I'm 5'7" 128 lbs and 26% BF with a waist of 31". The rest of me is toned but my stomach fat won't budge.

I was doing moderate/heavy lifting with normal cardio (running). But this week started doing HIIT (look it up) cardio instead with my weight lifting.

I eat 1300 (was at 1200) and am focusing on hitting my protein goal every day.

Friend me if you'd like and we can exchange macros/goals and keep in touch on what is/isn't working.