Back again, looking for friends and motivation to repeat weight loss!! 15-20 lbs to lose.

Options
teramae
teramae Posts: 78 Member
My story in brief: In the beginning of 2011 I lost ~ 30 lbs using MFP. 190 down to 164. Maintained for awhile, started running about 2 years ago, lost 10 lbs quickly and maintained. Started a stressful job, gained the 10 lbs very quickly! I am a stress and boredom eater!! Work life is improved and I am ready to lose some weight again.

Friends were essential to my weight loss the last time I was on MFP. I loved the motivation and support. I am a vegetarian with an open food diary if anyone is interested (it's pretty boring- ha!) but welcome carnivorous friends as well! I started running with a C25K program 2 years ago and fell in love. That is my main form of exercise, although I eventually want to incorporated weight training.

Thanks for reading. Hope to join you on your journey!

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options
    teramae wrote: »
    I started running with a C25K program 2 years ago and fell in love. That is my main form of exercise

I like the structure and challenge of signing up for an event (preferably with friends) and then prepare for it.

It isn't the smartest way to lose weight, but it helps and there are a million other benefits.

Still running? If no, how about getting back on the horse?