Feeling dejected, sad, depressed and de-motivated!!!!

Options
I know I'm acting like a cry baby, but right now at 3AM... All I can think of is how Sad I am about the way things are going.
Like most people here, I too have been trying to lose weight for a long time.. May be I never put my full efforts into it.

But from last two months I have tried o be fairly regular with turbo jam... It's the only thing I enjoy doing and I never make excuses for it.... I tried doing it a couple years back and actually saw quick results, sadly I stopped after a month n gained it all back gradually...

So, about one n half month back I started doing turbo jam regularly, but this time he results were not that quick, I didn't lose even a single pound on the scale, although everyone around started asking me if I had lost weight, so that ofc was a good sign. After I finished my 1month calender, I took a break of a week, a dim back where I started... I gained all the inches.. Clothes are tighter again.

I'm feeling so depressed.. One week? So much hard work and all it took was one week to ruin it??? I have my bday coming n 28th June,I was really hoping to be at least one size down until it... But now that seems impossible... Anyway... Now I honestly feel like it doesn't matter how hard I'm working out doing TJ... Am I ever going to get fit??

I'm thinking starting tomorrow I should start working out twice a day... May b do hip hop abs in morning and TJ in evening... Wonder if that will help my stupid body ... I feel like a balloon.... Gosh I'm Seriously down right now...
Also m trying to eat clean but that can't be too right since I don't cook.. My mom does and she doesn't let me diet....
Anyway... MFP feels like a family so I thought I'd just share my thoughts with you all...

Also, there is this huge wedding coming up in four months of my first cousin and ALL of my family is going to be there... I just wished I could change things by then ..even if just a little...

Replies

• krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm so sorry for how you're feeling. It's ok to vent, so don't worry. Just stick with it, sweetie. Sometimes it takes a while, and that's ok. Just keep with the healthy eating and exercise and you'll start to feel better about yourself. Seriously, sometimes it takes a while for people to see changes. Good luck to you.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels like this a time or two... You are not alone.,....:wink:
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    your not acting like a cry baby at all, am sure everyone on here understands your frustration, it can get emotional when you fail to get to your goals when you are so determined and feel you have tried as best you can,
    definitely stick with it,

1st off, take control as much as possible for your diet,
    mums have the best intentions at heart of course but if she knew how down you feel then she should understand that you need to diet for your own happiness,
    or at least try and portion control what your mum gives you,

secondly, try not to allow your emotions to take over your determination,
    its too easy lose focus and drive because you feel so down, re-focus and say to yourself that you CAN and you WILL achieve this, it may feel like starting again but its better than giving up, change a few things (in regards diet and exercise) and push on,
    you did it before so you know that you can do it again,

record everything you do daily and keep a track of it, especially your food intake and see if you can spot anything that my be restricting you from getting the same quick results again,

best of luck, really hope you manage to stop feeling so low soon and achieve what you want too :)
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    this motivates me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOkSG6HWf4&list=FLLF0TZt5Ymhp_247Im2QGug

my buddy mark lobliner says and i like remmber this

Bodybuilding Should Enhance, Not Take Over One’s Life -
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    your not acting like a cry baby at all, am sure everyone on here understands your frustration, it can get emotional when you fail to get to your goals when you are so determined and feel you have tried as best you can,
    definitely stick with it,

1st off, take control as much as possible for your diet,
    mums have the best intentions at heart of course but if she knew how down you feel then she should understand that you need to diet for your own happiness,
    or at least try and portion control what your mum gives you,

secondly, try not to allow your emotions to take over your determination,
    its too easy lose focus and drive because you feel so down, re-focus and say to yourself that you CAN and you WILL achieve this, it may feel like starting again but its better than giving up, change a few things (in regards diet and exercise) and push on,
    you did it before so you know that you can do it again,

record everything you do daily and keep a track of it, especially your food intake and see if you can spot anything that my be restricting you from getting the same quick results again,

best of luck, really hope you manage to stop feeling so low soon and achieve what you want too :)

I am loving this advice!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks ALL of you.... It helped big time.... :) I will definitely follow everything you all suggested....
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    You can do this. I have been maintaining for a year and find this hard. I found that if I weigh myself everyday - very controversial- it keeps me from shoving things into my mouth as I will have to face the scale. I log onto MFP, record weight, food and exercise for the day. I read the motivational posts to get motivated and help others. I went off this plan for a month or so and gained back 5 lbs. Yes, I was eating too much and did not want to get on the scale. One day led to a week and you know the rest.

Get in a routine and don't worry - just keep going. Also, get some sleep!!! Studies show that the less sleep you get, the more your body needs fuel and you eat more.