Victories!

Options
I am looking for others to share their victories here. Being new to MFP discussion boards, I hear so much negativity, self shaming and " diet talk" . I have spent years ( with help from professional counselors and dietitians) breaking the cycle of shame. I had to break up with my scales for a long time because it always told me if I was allowed to have a good day or not depending on the number it threw at me. I joined MFP for accountability and taming the runaway food train and taking the emotional eating behavior off the table, so to speak! So far, so good!
I have decided I do much better and I am much happier when I celebrate my victories and my progress, no matter how small. If I track every day for a week, or exercise three days in a row or passed up that ice cream I thought I wanted but really just needed a hug. Or whatever! I am also addicted to success stories :-)
Anyone else care to chime in with their victories? No negativity allowed, what so ever!!!!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    One of my first and best victories was bending down and tying my shoes without holding my breath. Each day I log and hit my goals or am at least close is also a victory.
  • healthyelf15
    healthyelf15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    One of my first and best victories was bending down and tying my shoes without holding my breath. Each day I log and hit my goals or am at least close is also a victory.

That is awesome! We don't realize how limited we have become until we see a glimmer of freedom. Victory over shoes! Woo hoo!