Lifestyle Changes that I'm Excited About!!

Options
1) I quit smoking on 7/15/2015. It's been almost a month and a half, and it's going great. I haven't cheated once.
2) Cutting out fast food and pop on 8/23/2015. It's only been a few days, but I'm finding out that I really don't need the junk in my life (and that unsweetened sun tea is amazing!!)
3) Deciding to get serious about losing the weight again. I don't want to be fat when I get married, which will likely be within 2 years. I don't want to be fat when I go back to the beach for vacation in June 2016. Finally, I want to be able to fit onto the rides at Cedar Point. I had to do the "walk of shame" this past summer and get off of a ride because I couldn't buckle the belt. I cried because I couldn't believe that I had let it get this bad, especially since I was roughly 30 pounds away from my goal weight, just 2 short years ago.
4) I am back in the gym and it feels great. Don't get me wrong, I'm complaining and cursing walking in, but I feel so much better when I walk out, and I want to keep pushing myself to get stronger.
5) Making these changes with my family. My boyfriend told me a month ago that the only one who doesn't need to lose weight in our family is my 4 year old son. As much as those words stung to hear, he's absolutely right, and he's been so supportive every step of the way. We are doing this together, getting healthy as a family, and helping my daughter get healthy in the process.

Life is good!!

Replies

• marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You're doing some wonderful things for yourself and by example are showing your children how to care about themselves, too. Have a great time when you make it to the beach next year.