Party drinks

Options
This weekend I am attending a gathering with friends where there will be cocktails. I would like to be able to have drinks with them without blowing the entire weekend's calories on a few drinks. Anyone have any go to low calorie cocktails? I am not fond of drinks that strong either. Any thoughts would be welcome. :)

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    clear liquors with a diet mixer is the lowest. I think vodka is about 70 calories per oz.

But personally I think wine is worth the extra 40-50 calories per glass.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    A wine Spritzer - Wine with club soda will allow you to drink a little bit more.

If you drink mixed drinks it is the mixer that will get you. You can look on line for low calorie drinks. But I agree wine is a good choice.

Personally I like the hard stuff will do a shot or 3 of Tequila :)
  • lacoleilese
    lacoleilese Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I looked at the Skinny Girl web site last night, and there are some possibilities for mixed drinks there that I liked. I just need to make sure that they sell them at the liquor store that I usually stop at on my way to the event. I am a huge fan of flavored rum, but I believe the brand and type that I use are rather calorie laden. Thank you for your thoughts. :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Also get your glasses of water or seltzer between drinks to lower the calorie intake. I like drinking vodka with water or seltzer and a slice of lemon. No one knows when I switch to plain water or seltzer.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want skip lunch eat dinner before drinking. The next days just exercise twice your usually.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    white wine, light beer, and vodka sodas with lime are my usual go-tos for a low-calorie beverage. seems that you like the sweet stuff, so if this gathering is byob, try ruby red vodka with sprite zero or fresca.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda water, and lime.

Last night I discovered rum, La Croix zero calorie carbonated coconut water, and a splash of pineapple juice (about 25 calories worth) and it was amazing. So amazing I got drunk.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm having to cut out beer. I typically will drink 4 - 6 beers over the course of a night, and that amounts to 500 - 700 calories - just not sustainable. Instead, I'll be doing liquor and diet soda. Should only be about 100 calories a drink, and I'll need a lot less (maybe 2 or 3 tops) to get where I want to be.