Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    lol exactly, I don't pay to go hungry!
  • Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ahhh they're just trying to make money and put food on the table...but we are too smart and won't fall this this :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Over 50lbs down and technically, I made money doing it. I don't do any gym memberships because I walk a lot at my job (5+ miles a day), and I save a ton of money on food by eating less, and cooking my meals instead of eating out on top of it.

I'd suggest letting mfp set a daily calorie goal, try to get close to it for a few weeks, and see if that allows you to lose weight!
  • Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wanna lose weight in 30 days? Pay me and I will make sure you do with all my nutrition and fitness knowledge. You don't even have to change your current routine! Call me now and you will get a 15% discount! 1-888-555-5555!

LMFAO
  • amywaugh258
    amywaugh258 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always do my workouts at home, I am just starting back though after a rough 8 stress filled months, while it costs some to buy what you need at home in the long run it is cheaper and I like I can do it privately in my home without others judging me, I always feel I'm doing it wrong in a gym surrounded by all the really buff strong people
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Free is the only way to be for me! No to Premium, No to gym membership, No to all of the ad crap, No, No, and No!
    MFP - free
    Runkeeper - free
    Down 99 pounds - Priceless!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I wasted way too much money on WW in the past (and I ate only organic for awhile and I found that was a waste too) CICO is the way to go.
    I do pay $5 a bootcamp for a local bootcamp I go to, but it's worth every penny.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I don't participate anymore in anything that requires ongoing payments, like a gym or some silly diet pill or program. I have a good pair of walking shoes, a swimming pool, and spare room in the house for exercising and weight lifting, a really good blender (saved up for that thing), a kitchen scale, and a fitbit one. That's about all I need.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't have a coach,take supplements,weight loss pills, waste money on diet shakes.
    I do however pay a small fee to be a member of the YMCA. I love the spin class and the weight machines.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I lose weight for free, but I bought weights and other stuff for my home gym, buy new runners every now and then, and happily spend money on Beachbody workout programs, because I like some of them a lot.....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    No gym membership or shakes or HRM or meal plans or things like that. I have weights at home that I didn't pay for. But I have spent money on weight loss. I have several workout DVDs that I bought and occasionally use (including one that is BeachBody), I paid for resistance bands, hiking shoes, softball gloves, basketball, frisbees, plus a lot of expensive farm/yard equipment that keeps me in shape.

Eating less is how I lose weight and it certainly isn't free, though it's cheaper than overeating, and eating is something I'd do whether I needed to lose weight or not so I'm not sure that counts. I don't spend a lot on exercise for the sake of exercising, but I have spent money on it and probably will again in the future.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No money spent on the weight loss itself. I already owned a bathroom scale and a kitchen scale. And MFP was free.

However, as a *result* of weight loss I had to buy all new clothes.

And I've saved money on antacid tablets which I no longer need (god, what was eating before?!)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My whole 'losing weight/getting fit/staying in shape' ongoing process has certainly not been free. I would have more disposable income if I didn't pay for:
    1. Gym clothes
    2. Gym membership
    3. Running shoes
    4. Sports bras
    5. Swimming pool use
    6. Occasional entry for classes at other locations besides my own gym
    7. Badminton court rental
    8. Headphones, water bottles, sweatbands, other bits and pieces I seem to collect
    9. Race entry
    10. Protein bars
    11. Energy gels/tabs
    12. More 'healthy food' (i.e. salad greens, prepared fruit, lean protein) than my family/housemates would usually stock.

But I absolutely do not care. It's worth every penny for the fun I get out of it and how much happier I feel in my own skin. That said, I'm debating downgrading from my current very nice, very quiet, perhaps slightly overstocked gym that I've been going to for years to my new, more basic, work gym in order to save £35 a month.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Anyone think a coach is worth it? Anyone who had experience with it? I'm considering it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when i started i didnt pay for anything.

i did join planet fitness (and love it). moved temporarily over the summer and had to join the Y (HATED it). went back to pf today and re-signed up ;) LOL

and for $10 or $20 a month (depending on what plan you select) you cant beat the budget friendliness! I workout generally 5 days a week plus zumba class. For me, the costs for the gym and my class are worth it. but like i said, when i first started, when i wasn't sure how committed i would be... I didnt do any of that and just walked in my neighborhood.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership, but don't count that as a weight loss cost. I've been fit and fat before, the weight loss is all down to the calorie deficit calculated and maintained via mfp.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    £10 on a food scale, £12 on a bathroom scale. 80lbs for £22 was a good deal.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Anyone think a coach is worth it? Anyone who had experience with it? I'm considering it.

You might want to start your own thread to get replies.

The food scale was a Christmas present. Not going to count protein powder/fitness stuff/clothes because those weren't really used to help me lose weight. So . . .truly free (unless you count previous efforts with green tea fat burning pills etc).
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I've had to spend a bit here and there getting new pants and shirts or look like the kid trying to wear daddy's clothes. Does that count against free?
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Agree